Monday, February 8, 2010

High Liche Priestess Khalida

The Tomb Kings army has a grand total of 3 liche priest models. 2 come in 1 blister, the other comes with the casket of souls. I don't particularly like the casket, thus have made my own. The LP can be bought separately, but direct from GW only, so will cost me $22 with shipping. I don't fancy converting the other 2 LPs into my third LP, as those models aren't really all that stunning to begin with. Then I had an idea, while looking at my favorite model in the TK range, Khalida.

I love this model. Could I convert it into a priestess? Could I do it, and make it look like something besides Khalida?
The first thing I had to do was remove the crown. LPs don't have crowns, queens do. I also removed the snake from the top of the staff. Its a very Khalida mark, and I didn't want another asp LP, one of those comes in the blister.

Now came the first challenge: Green stuff the hair back on. Now, this won't be hair, but part of a head dress that will give the semblance of hair, the same as the 'hair' left on Khalida.

At the same time, I started putting more clothes on the model, this will cover the bandages of Khalida and give the model a LP look, losing the mummy look.

A word of warning, if you are going to do front modeling, right after modeling something on the opposite side, watch where you put your fingers. I actually had to do the hair twice, as I finished the shirt and saw that the back of the head was a bowl roughly the size of my finger.
I plan to make the model a priestess of the goddess of beauty. As such, I will be finishing the mask to cover the whole face. I also left the breasts so that the can be shown as a sort of bronze bra. The idea behind the bra, mask, and hair is to give the impression that, even though she has lived for hundreds of years, she is still showing radiant beauty, as a tribute to her goddess.
Next will likely be dress, and possibly sleeves. I am also using left over GS to fashion a lotus for the staff top(I think). The mask will have to wait till I get my jeweler's visor, the work will be just to minute(and hopefully, not beyond my skill).

No comments:

Post a Comment