Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Almost king

So game 1 of Gore Swirl is done. I didn't win.
BUT, nobody else did either. Battle report over at Goreswirl, so I won't go into the details. This game was mine, well probably, but of course when I need a game to end, it doesn't, and(as in this case) when I need it not to, it does.
At games end, the forces were as follows:
Tyranids: whiped, excepting a single spore pod.
Sisters: A land raider still in thier corner, a unit of sisters partially on the objective, and an HQ something dead center.
Tau: ~Half strength firewarriors on objective, a lot of crap back in own deployment zone.
CSM(me): 2 1k sons and Asp Sorc in immobilizes rhino on objective edge. Another 1k sons well within range of the objective and an obliterator and some terms also in range. I had also failed to use my replacements asset.

My plan for the following turn was to spawn the firewarriors, hopefully leading to a flee. Shoot the sisters with my 1k sons and obliterator, also hoping for flee and maybe whipe. The terms job was the HQ. Barring the FWs in the Tau zone making the objective, and the troops surviving my fireing and assaults, it should have left me the dominant force on the table. I doubt the FWs would have moved foward, though they would have unloaded on my rhino, it had been a recent theme.
But alas, all of this is idle speculation, as we will never know what turn 6 would have brought.
Likely a turn 7 which would have ended up with the Tau moving foward and contesting again *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment