Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Road to the Con 2012 - Road's End


Genghiscon Malifaux was a blast! I met some great new people, helped some improve their game, and managed to run a good tournament(at least I hope I did).

The demo on Friday went a little different than I had planned. Three of my four players actually had played before. It was mostly me pointing out the finer points and helping them along. One player even played his Perdita crew, so Molly stayed locked away.







The tournament went fairly smooth, especially considering half the field was new players. Only two of the six are what I would consider truly experienced players, but not of the game went at what I would consider tournament pace. Even when the experienced players played each other, they didn't make it past turn three. Now, while I say experienced players, I don't think either had played in any or at least many tournament games. I would truly love to play both of them in the near future, but don't know how that will shake down. I did manage to make connections to hopefully get even more people running turnaments in my little tournament circle. If everyone who I have talked to stays in, I am looking at five tournament hosts, which means only running a tournament every five months, or if I can pull it off, two tournaments a month and still only running every three months. YAY! Here is to hoping.








No comments:

Post a Comment