Saturday, March 3, 2012

State of the 'faux League


The Malifaux league kicked off over the weekend, and I am stoked! I came in a little early and set up four tables. People trickled in, didn't really get moving very quickly, but when it did...


Within minutes of me setting up across from one of the two Lady J players, the other three tables were full. Most of the players only played a single game, then left, but some stayed a while, and I managed to get in three games. I love it when a nefarious plan comes together.

Like I said, game was against Lady J. I ended up taking Leviticus, Rusty Alyce, Bette Noire, a belle, a canine remains, and two stones. She had an executioner, a death marshal, scales of justice, and something else. It was not a good game. She was fairly new, and it is hard to stay positive when Leviticus is eating your crew. In the end, she had Lady J and the scales left. It came out 8-7 me, but she didn't have a good time. I did try and point out some things to help her later, but they were always after the fact. I just didn't see early enough. She was great to play against, even while having a bad time.

Game two was a bit later, and was against Nabor's Von Schill. Dirty freaking Von Schill. We played Contain Power. Dirty freaking Von Schill. His game is definitely improving. I still ate everything, except freaking Von Schill. This was a last turn game. He got initiative, killed Levi(not the waifes), and ran off. I shouldn't have gotten greedy and killed Von Schill when I had the chance, but I wanted the extra points for Leviticus doing it. Ah, well.
The third game was some bastard with a Dreamer crew. Troy is really jumping in head first. I get at least a couple Malifaux questions a day. It's awesome! He tabled me, but it took long enough, he got held to 6 VP. He only had Dreamer/Chompy left. I made a poor gamble that got Levi killed a turn early, so only three deaths for Soulless Life. I framed on Alyce, giving me my 2 VP. He couldn't get all the evidence and get back in my zone for Hold Out. Dreamer is brutal, but not all that. A more customized list and I'm not even scared....yet.
I also managed to get a game in against one of the guys from the new TEG crew. He plays Rasputina. Still pretty new, but apparently they all go for the gusto, 35ss. Wow! New guy, I should play Viks. But 35ss is a lot. But its Escape and Survive. I pull out Levi. Fortunately, I come to my senses and switch to the Viks. A good game. He shielded me with pillars, spread his crew, and focused on killing me, but not a model at a time. He was running a Kaeris/Raspy fire and ice list. Kaeris did damage, but not enough, fire gamin were lambs to slaughter. Silent One was a pain, but not terribly. In the end, I just made a final push from behind pillars and across the table. A Ronin locked up Raspy, Johan walked a pillar, Taelor charged forward and killed Silent One. Ronin were awesome. Killing Gamin and moving before explosion, shooting everything. Johan and Taelor spent most of game behind pillars, perfectly protected. He was trying to hamper movement, I didn't care. Simple matter of playing different games.
Met some of the new TEG crew, great guys, looking forward to working with them. They may be getting a henchman of their own. Not sure how I fell. One hand losing TEG, which is a great store, other hand, Sundays have been pretty dead, but I guess Tuesday are really picking up. Guess I will just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment