Tuesday, October 15, 2013

TMI: Back to the table



Its been a while, but I finally got in some games. How funny that is, not long ago, I was lucky to play a game every six months, now a couple of weeks is brutal torture. Hell, sometimes I have issues going from Saturday to Saturday. I need my fix, man!

Game one was versus Troy with Pandora. Of course. I am firmly of the opinion that crap cards can't make up for crap playing. I didn't get tabled, because I stashed a Void Wretch in the corner. I tried to double bomb with Nothing Beast and the Dead Rider(beta card, running as Resser with Outcast upgrades. Yeah, I may have inadvertently cheated, but it didn't help me). Turns out, still doesn't work. I did some damage though. I'm sure somebody took a wound, somewhere. Managed to die to fast to only give him partial points for Reckoning, take that. I still have the urge to do the bomb, but maybe I should focus on my strategy instead. Nah.



Game two was versus Patrick with Leveticus. No, wait, these schemes are WAY better for Tara. I'm weak, I admit it, so Tara came out. I did throw in Lazarus and the Hodgepodge just to try their beta cards. Maybe this is how I should play Tara. I didn't take any Death Marshals this time, and loaded up on Oath Keeper, and didn't take any marker schemes. I may be horrible at this. Anywho, I moved up into a group, used the Effigy to mist and dress up Tara. I then realized I can mist with Lazarus as well, sweet. My costume shuts down his prowling Rogue Necromancy. I do pop out the Nothing Beast who made himself a nuisance for a small sec before be reburied, failed to heal by a wretch, and died to poison. The other wretch managed to distract the Flesh Construct and Bishop distracted the Rogue Necro, followed by a Haymaker Paralyze. Bishop is the man at interact schemes/strategies, especially with fast. I kept my distracts going, even at the cost of kills, netting me a full three. I was also able to send in a fast Void Wretch to deliver a very important message to Nicodem, getting me three more. I only managed two from Reckoning, but he came up with seven, meaning I took the win. That is right, a check in the Win column for Tara and I, we are unstoppable, now. A great game. The last minute additions of Lazarus and the Hodgepodge were fantastic. They both performed excellently, though the Effigy did go down early. The Effigy fill a support role, and with Tara's crew's pension for clumping, the mist is awesome. Lazarus is no longer the melee whore with a better gun. His gun is better, but he isn't waited towards combat any more. I will likely have to try him with Leveticus or the Viks, and just see if he needs that extra action from Tara, or if he works otherwise.

Hopefully, next week I will get Leveticus on the table and try him out. I think he should function closer to last edition, which I would be happy with. The forums are all still whining about not being able to instakill models with Shackle, but it never felt right with me, so...

No comments:

Post a Comment