Thursday, October 24, 2013

TMI: The Return of Leveticus



In a triumphant show of will power, I managed to get in a few games with Leveticus. I got some things wrong and some things right.


Thankfully, Leveticus doesn't do the fail any test, you die, any more. Thus, I got a game against Patrick. I had started a game earlier in the week versus Nabors with a summoning chain, and basically tried that here, but forgot an Abomination. As it was, my chain never really got off the ground. I also forgot to use Alyce's counter drop ability for most of the game. I still did fairly well, better when I gave up on the summon deal and went for the throat. It ended a one or two point difference to me.



Game two was versus Troy and the new Dreamer. Since I learned so much the game before, I took Bodyguard, again. What didn't happen again was I finally played a game that wasn't Reckoning. My first four games in wave 2 beta were all Reckoning. I also managed to keep the center, gaining all four of my strategy points, getting two for Plant Explosives, and utterly failing Bodyguard... again. A good game, I ended up losing by a couple points, but not because the game went badly, but because I chose my schemes wrong.

I think I just need to sit down with all the schemes and think them over. How I do them, what I use, and what ones are no goes. The league starts this Saturday, so I should be able to get in plenty of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment