Thursday, September 11, 2014

Tale of a tardy Malifaux blogger - Part 2


This last weekend was paint night down at Hobby Town. You all really should come, its a lot of fun and some times we even get stuff accomplished. Such as, I don't know, say, Shang. While I didn't get him completed that night, I had a very good start and was able to finish him early this week. It also helped me get back into the painting groove. I haven't painted anything since last spring, when I painted up my never played Inquisimunda crew.


The momentum I picked up on Saturday has kept on going, pushing me into the rest of crew, which I have started off with an orange scheme for the clothes. I have only gotten base coat, but as I am doing them all at once, they should go quick as a whole.


I also have a good start on the bases for the crew. Two of which I have already started painting. The left one will be a bridge over a stream, and just has the bridge to paint and grass added to the green. It will be for the leaping chick Torakage. The second is a stone path, which ground cover growing between the stones. It is also waiting on grass on the green, but other than that and the edges, it is finished. It will be for the striding Torakage, the one with the large forearm knives. The stalking Torakage will be coming out of a stand of bamboo, while Misaki and Shang will be standing on water. Ototo is still a bit of a mystery. I am thinking a large boulder he will be sitting on, surrounded by... Still a work in progress.

All in all, I think it is going fairly well, and hope they are up to competition standards. After that I hope to start getting games in with them as Outcasts, and see where that takes me.

Well, back to the painting, catch you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment