Thursday, October 28, 2010

Consistancy is the mother of depression.

Hmmm... And I thought I was doing so well. First game against Chuck's Empire list, and I failed.

I held my distance, using my bows, with my Ushabti offering cover. I kept a hill in my reach, hoping for that 200 VPs. My Scorpions came up, no misfires, threatening and destroying his warmachines. My swarm came up and delayed his big block, with 2 wizards in it. But it just wasn't enough, even with a charnel pit by central mass. In the end everything save my 2 scorpion died. I managed to force some archers to flee, but they eventually rallied. Everything else stood. 700++ point loss.

In the future, I will be dropping my front anvil unit, instead going just archers. I have added a 5 man light horse, no command, to harass the flanks. I have also added another scorpion and a swarm. The scorpions have been doing extremely well, and the extra swarm will make them have 10 wounds, and a ton more staying power.

This weekend is the Halloween special. Hopefully, I will be able to score some loot, maybe even a win. It will be my last test before the tournament on the 6th. The 6th will also see the introduction of Khalida, as the league moves to 1750pts.

Let poison rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment