Saturday, October 9, 2010

OK, I may need a new army book

Last weekend, I started in a Grow League. Starting is 750 points, then 1500, finally 2500. Each set will have a few weeks of games(3 I think), and then a tournament. The idea is to get people building armies for the new edition, and having prize support to aide everyone. I don't think I'm going to get any. I tried several lists, facing the same High Elf player each time, and got slaughtered each time, the worst, of course, being the time we played for the league game. 900 victory points to zip. I killed damn near nothing, and definately not whole units. He had Sword Masters, which just ate my squad of Tomb Guard, with combat res killing the King AND Heirophant Liche Priest. This left a yet unseen swarm in his back field. Needless to say, it arrived, then left. I just don't have the staying power that I need to be able to have troops to res next turn. I have since remade my list, going more along the lines of what I plan to take to Ghengiscon next spring. That list will be a Khalida bow line list. My 750 point can't take her, neither will my 1500 point, but till then I plan to run a core of archers, flanked by 2 units of light horse, led by my obligatory King and Liche Priest, with 0 equipment save a 5 point 6+ ward save versus war machines icon on the King, all backed up by a Screaming Skull Catapult. Hopefully this list will give me some punch, without be hamstrung by 40% of my army being tied in my 2 characters. We shall see, second games start today.
May the dust from my powdered bones get in my enemy's eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment