Monday, November 21, 2011

State of the 'faux


I really need to stop. Played John again, he brought arcanists again. Ok, so I started with good intentions, play the Viks, don't wreck his day. He flips slaughter. Crap! My Viks feed my opponents models. I should have stuck to it, but I'm weak. I went with Levi. I face stomped him. BUT, if he had kept Marcus alive, or killed Levi when he was at 1 wound, he could have still gotten 2 for his strategy, just because a desolation, the spawned spa, and a hooded rider gave him a huge boost. In the end, with Marcus dead, I got Turf War, Stake a Claim, and Assassinate. A good game, way closer then the final totals would leave one to believe.
I see my failure, and I strive to correct it.


Games 2 and 3 were versus Tim's Sonnia. Both end in a draw, both because I get uppity at the end and make a mistake. The first round was the Viks. They are my go to versus Guild. Sonnia and Hoffman are both good versus Leviticus, and get no real bonus against the Viks. Lady J is beat stick versus beat stick, happy to do it. Perdita is on whether I can get there sneaky. Anyway, so I take my stand by. I had this one, Reconoitre, I had 3 zones, he has 1. He has bodyguard, its a waste of my time. I have break through and something else. I fail to move my Vik into his zone, giving him Hold out and costing me Breakthrough. A 4 point swing from 7-3 to 5-5. I think. Looking back, I think he had stake a claim, and Taelor owned that building. Hmmmm...
Anyway, game 2(3) was just as bad if not worse. Shared deliver message. I ran Levi up. Before turn 4. *sigh* Anyway, he gets 4 there, I wipe his crew. I had just Sonnia opposing me. I run forward, forgetting insignificant models can't deliver. All I have to do is box her, put an engine up and use Levi to guaranty another turn, but I get pissed and just ice Sonnia, ending it 4-4.
I always have a rough game versus Tim, he messes with my chi. And he all but heisted my models to make his crew for the last game.
Focus is key. Lesson still not likely learned. Key to beating me: irritate me until I say screw it, and end it by any means possible.
Ah, well. CW, flipping fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment