Wednesday, December 21, 2011

State of the 'faux

This will be short and sweet. Well, short anyway. And no pictures cause I spaced.
I played a game against a guy who sometimes comes by Hobby Town. He has a Perdita box. I let him choose Leviticus or Viktorias. He chose Leviticus. I should have gone Viks. The complexity of my crew versus him not knowing his own crew made it a frustrating game for him. Though at one point Leviticus had 1 wound and both Waifes were dead, before end of turn. I had to stone to stay alive. And my hand was crap. Unfortunately, he wanted to call it before it became a thing, because we had Deathwatch. I think it was just a bad game for him. I felt bad, I hope I can get another game in soon, so I can show him the power of his crew.

On Sunday, I played Tim. I was going to blow it off, as I was meeting a friend I hadn't seen in a while, but John said he was finally gonna show. Well, he didn't. And I felt bad that Tim wasn't going to get a game. I told him I wanted a quick game. And quick it was. I pull Treasure Hunt, he pulls something else. I Frame for Murder Taelor and Bodyguard the Viks. Taelor moves to take the Treasure, and gets smoked hard. Game plan down, I say screw it, and try to feed him my crew to get out. And fail. My Ronin takes more to kill than Taelor. Gun Vik charges in and kills a Stalker, spreading damage across his entire clumped up crew. She then pulls Sword Vik around and into combat. Slaps Samael, then masks onto a Stalker, kills it, splash kills another, I stone to save Gun Vik, Sword Vik is out of second blast, I might slap Samael again, but he dies. Sword Vik moves up to melee range on Sonnia to stop her shooting. He get initiative, awesome. I would have probably stoned to get a lower one here. I have a ton of stones, he has none. Sonnia truest to do something to kill Sword Vik, I manage to stop her. My turn. I pull gun Vik back to pull sword.Vik out, cause Sonnia has firey death thing on. Then, for some reason I try to shoot her. No idea. I hit sword Vik instead, cheat to nothing. It's ok, I still got this. I swap with sword Vik, then she pulls gun Vik out. K, now I'm where I need to be. Miss Demeanor rapid fires into Sonnia, killing her in a shot. Everyone is out of range of her boom. Gun Vik snags the treasure and heads home. Two turns left, I make it without even flipping for extra turns. Not how I wanted a 'quick' game to go down, but I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment