Monday, January 16, 2012

Puppet Wars!!!!!


I managed to play TWO games of Puppet Wars on Saturday. One against Matt, Patrick, and Patton, the other swapped Matt for Dylan. I enjoyed both games, though the second one took much longer, even ignoring the lunch break in the middle.

I used Ratty's random crew creator off the Puppet Wars site. I think this will be the way I play. I am already seeing combos and lists that will do awesome things, and make it rough for new players, or as a relaxing "other" game.

The first game saw Matt and I go down pretty quickly with well timed Master runs. The second game, everyone was in a lot longer. I can't even begin to out up a battle report, and I'm not sure it will translate well, anyway. The game, though, is fun. It has intricacies like a table top game, but still simple and quick enough to keep the board game feel. I think everyone had a good time, and expect it to see play time more often. The only thing I found missing was the epic moments from Malifaux. An epic flip, or epic move still only nets you one rip. It can do more depending on powerful and abilities or whatever. But it still just is or isn't. It reminds me more of 40K in that regard than Malifaux. Beyond that, though, it was awesome. The feel is great, the rules are funny, there are things that didn't get used, but we were learning. I love Marcus and Bad Juju, and wish that Rusty Alice would quit lining up against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment