Tuesday, March 20, 2012

State of the 'faux


So, it has been a couple weeks since I posted last, but Malifaux is still going strong. The League is still pumping and I was even able to run a tournament at Total Escape this last weekend. One of the gamers there even donated the above Mature Nephilim for prize support! Very nice, thank you Gwen.


First up, the league. I was able to get in a couple games myself(which is the real point of the league after all), including one against Stuart, who, unfortunately, is now clear across the country. This time he ran Rasputina. It was a great game. I really need to use my sheets though, because the details are a bit foggy now. My other game was against Josh and his Som'er crew. I was hoping to get a Desolation Engine off of all those bodies, but it didn't happen.
Now, with the first leg of the League all wrapped up, I was also able to put in points, and there is a pretty good spread, from 0 to 16, fairly well staggered, too.


On to the tournament. I had double the turn out of the last one! That's right, 4 players, woo. Three of them drove up from Colorado Springs and the fourth was Tim who just happened to wander in before start. I paid for his entry and he used my Seamus crew with a couple Crolligans. All in all, it went pretty well. I adjusted the graveyard table, putting the mausoleums in the center really seemed to help. I also put together a board using store terrain, with a bunch of buildings and a forest on one side. I liked it, I may add a packed city board to the ones I have. All the doors were locked, so no interiors, but it looked fun. Total Escape also kicked in on prise support, so what people walked away with was pretty good, with only fourth not getting anything, and since he didn't pay to enter, I was ok with it.
Here are some more pictures of the event. The one above of the last round and the last one show the city board.


The winners. Left to right: Mike taking third, Jordan taking first, and Steven taking second. Steven ended up buying the Nephilim off Jordan.


Round one, why does everyone look so confused before anything has even started?





No comments:

Post a Comment