Friday, September 21, 2012

The Gaming Report


A little slow, but here it is anyway.

I managed to get in a game of 40K over the last weekend. It did not go well. Turn one, Troy ate the heart out of my army. It is the first game I have played since picking up the Razorwing, and my first chance to try it out. I have a conundrum, the Razorwing wants to go second, the Seer Council needs to go first. I went second. Bad choice. He was able to kill most of my Council before I went, then mopped into my Guardians, before I was able to bring in DE reinforcements. It didn't help that both the Reavers and the Razorwing failed to come in on turn two. I wasn't able to learn terribly much, as half my army was gone before the other half arrived. Also, the Razorwing went down his turn three. I had ran anti-infantry with its weaponry, which may not have been the greatest. I have since switched to Dark Lances. Though, it will be a bit as I am running it as a Voidraven. I just can't shake the feeling that the Voidraven is just a better choice.

I also played a game of Malifaux, trying out my Hodge Podge Effigy. I ran Dead Rider, Hooded Rider, James' Pale Rider, Canine, Leveticus, and the Effigy. It was a three way versus James and Troy. I had Distract, Troy Escape and Survive, and James, running my Ramos, had Claim Jump. The Hooded went down quick, followed by the Dead. The Pale Rider circled the opposite side, towards Troy, but he died, too. In the end, almost everything died. I got Soulless Life and full Distract, with Pandora in James' zone, and Romas dead. Troy also got six points, bringing it to a tie. Good game, don't know if Hodge Podge is worth it, and I am also a little unsure about a Rider list. Having two opponents may have hampered their effectiveness though.
And then I killed a bunch of people. Ok, not people, but characters. We played Super Dungeon Explore, and I was the Consul. It went much faster, now that we know the rules. Well, more of the rules anyway. I was able to get out Starfire, and he did some awesome, but I kept killing off a hero at a time, running up to the dragon, so he was mostly on clean up. It was a lot of fun. For me anyway. I don't know about the players, as I tend to run it less like an RPG and more like a pure me versus them. I feel like its my job to offer a true challenge, but maybe I should pull back a bit. Idaknow. Next time, I'm playing a character though!

No comments:

Post a Comment