Wednesday, December 12, 2012

TMI: Here it is!

I didn't even plan it! This last weekend was all Malifaux. I got two games in, both against Tom, both against his Kirai crew. I even took pictures, then promptly deleted them before they had finished uploading, so no pictures of game one.

Game one was with Leveticus, and went mostly pretty well, even with the peanut gallery's constant "I think you're losing." I had Claim Jump, he had Treasure. I of course took a belle to stop him, and three canines, two of them doing mine. I also had Breakthrough and hidden Holdout. My marker was in the outside corner of his zone, two birds and all that. This was the game where everything went a turn before I wanted it to. It was also a game of all the spectators telling me I'd lost when things were going exactly as I wanted them to. I sent my heavy hitters, Lazarus and such, straight up the middle, looking to do as much damage to Karai and her crew as possible, which inevitably is nothing. My canines circled left to get around to the objectives. Leveticus circled left in a smaller circle, blocking for the canines and still doing serious damage, hoping to keep Tom's eye off the ball. I think my first mistake was when Leve didn't die, and I used the dogs to kill him. This put them closer toward center and brought attention to them. Basic run down of the rest of the game, Lazarus died turn 3, Leve and the Waifes on 4, Canines on 5, and the Belle on the claim jump, in his zone on 6. Everything one turn to early. I think I need to focus on the biggies more, and force him to resummon the expensive ones. A good game, but I still don't have an answer for Kirai.

As shown in this game. This game I switched to Ramos. Kept Lazarus, spiders and a miner. It seems that if Ramos doesn't have any tomes in his hand he doesn't do very well. This game went much worse than the one before. It was also against Tom with Karai, basically the same crew for him. I did basically nothing all game and got munched. If I can't get the first turn tomes, I just can't seem to get the game started. I probably should look at playing him a different way, since the way I am doing it is way to card dependant. I am looking to get a mobile toolkit, but haven't yet, so, its been rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment