Tuesday, December 18, 2012

TMI: It does it all!

This last Saturday was a whirlwind tour of all my current game systems. What else is there to say? On to the action!

Game one was 40K versus Tony and his Necrons. Necrons seem to be a hard match for me, with plenty of fliers and a ton of shots. We ended up doing the long way deployment, which is not my favourite. It negates some of my movement ability, only giving me the option to move into my opponent or to dally in my zone. My guardians dallied and my seer council charged up the middle. They were primed for a long shot charge turn two versus wraiths with a destroyer lord. Between doom, prescience, and misfortune mt razorwing and council were able to kill the destroyer lord up front. First blood was mine, sadly it was not his warlord though. On his turn two he dumped a lot of shots into my razorwing, I figured that jinking and possibly living but unable to fire missiles was less than not jinking, being less likely to survive, but in a a miracle being able to use my missiles. I died, but I'm not sure my choice mattered as he had fired plenty of shots to bypass a 5+ save. I do need to find the points to get the 5+ invul. That turn also saw the death of my Embolden seer, which would really hurt come turn 3. At the beginning of turn 3 I rolled triple 6's for my fortune, and without the reroll(see I told you it would) I was stuck without fortune. I had also forgot to make him reroll successful saves on his turn due to misfortune, so that definitely didn't help. Slowly, but surely my council dwindled. Turn four I started my across table zoom with the guardians. He came in to beat on my Hellions, who didn't have pain token, and the Baron failed his 2+ invul, leading to their demise. The Guardians managed to hold onto his objective, likely only contesting in the end, with his wraiths and other hitters across the field where the council strategically died(yeah, right). They couldn't last though, and as he shot the last of the shots on turn 5, the perished, leaving me tabled, him with 1 objective, line breaker, and slay the warlord. I took my one point and went home. Well, actually I stayed ther, turned the mat, and played Nabors a game of Infinity.



Game two was Infinity against Nabors's list that can "beat my Aleph list." Ah, hubris, its such a terrible thing. So, I stepped down from Olympus and prepared to deal out some much needed wrath. Ok, the Greek mythology references end here. It was my 200 point list versus his Pan O. He had a TAG a few fusiliers, a medic, and something else. I did what I do, slide, single, kill, repeat. End of turn one he was down two orders, one(unbeknownst to me, honest) was his LT. Instead of spending the two orders to nominate a new one, he moved his medic, then planned to revive his LT. I killed the medic. He moved another model into position, turn to me. I should say that were it me, I think I would have just nominated a new LT, it would have been the same number of orders, but no ARO. And I, of course, said as much. My turn two involved me getting out the mop, using my HMG into cover inside +3 ranged, needing 15s on 4 dice, or 2 versus his TAG with AP, and cleaning up. We had forgot to set up Civvie and Chest as well as flags, and since I needed to kill the Civvie.... Ah, well, 4 to zip is just as good as 5 to zip, right?



Game three saw me beating the tar out of Troy. Oops, that was backwards. I got slaughter, but that didn't matter, since all I wanted to do was bring out Ramotar(Avatar Ramos). Since, when I play Ramos, I can't draw a tome to save my life(literally), that didn't happen until turn three when all my crew was dead and Coppelius just paralysed him. The again. Then I had the Red Joker, which I was holding to break Coppelius, but it was another if I survive Lillith then Coppelius is gonna paralyse me, I chose to hold the Joker, but didn't survive. Curse you Coppelius!

A great weekend of games. After that we jumped into a Death Watch/40K game, where we trounced some Orks, but that should be posted by Shaffer on the club blog, so you are just gonna have to go see it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment