Friday, March 1, 2013

TMI: Killing Opponents

IMAG0692
Almost time for another gaming day, and I still haven't gotten the reports out for the last day. I'm such a slacker. Anywho, I managed to get in two games last weekend, well, really one and a half. The first game was against Tom, the second half a game was versus Troy's Dreamer.

Game one, as I said, was versus Tom. He was running Jakob, Huggy, Torakage, Mr. Graves, two Beckoners, and two Depleted. I ran, surpisingly, Leveticus, two Belles, Rusty Alyce, Jack Daw, and three Canines. The strategy was shared Land Grab. I took Soulless Life and hidden Hold Out, he took Bodyguard and Breakthrough. The game was a lot of me moving Jack into position, bringing up Severed Ties, then him Come Hithering from the Beckoners to move him somewhere else. The dogs performed perfectly, holding a quarter with Daw, and making attacks on Jakob's living crew, even with brilliance on them, they were able to draw out cards. The Belles attempted to get things where I wanted them, but never quite got things. Rusty mainly held her zone, taking shots when available. Leveticus moved up and took one of Tom's quarters the instant he moved to far forward. I had Graves early, but a Torakage swap ended that notion, though I eventually got him, it just took a lot more effort. Tom played the game really well, as usual, until he gave up, as usual. If Tom would just stay in the game longer, I think he would win a lot more. As it was, he called the game early. I had 2 for Land Grab, plus Hold Out and Soulless(or would had the turn finished). He was able to get Bodyguard. He did plenty of movement shenanigans to keep me working all game. Daw was little more that a card sink for him, as I just couldn't keep him in position. If I got lucky though, Daw may have been able to kill Huggy on the turn, giving me the point, but alas. Afterwards, Tom stated he may drop Malifaux for a while, citing just being tired of playing Leveticus, which I wish he had said earlier, its not like I don't have other crews. And I would rather not play Leveticus then to not play at all. Hopefully he returns, though with the start of the Warmahordes league, I think he will play that. I think everyone will.

IMAG0693 Game 1.5 was versus Troy. I had to go meet my kids, so we didn't have time for a full game, but we started one anyway. I managed to pull Treasure Hunt(new Gaining Grounds) and he pulled Slaughter. With the change to Treasure Hunt, my spinning SPAs to run grab it doesn't work, since you can't grab first turn any more. And with Slaughter across the table I didn't want to offer all those SPAs for points. Instead I went with a Ashes and Dust and Alyce combo. It worked flawless. Turn two I Burnout Ashes and Dust, the use one action to move to counter, two to grab, three headed back. Reactivate was move move move, putting Ashes and Dust back in my zone with the Treasure. Here is about when we called it, but it was looking good for me. We both made some mistakes, both in crew selection and in actions. I think my crew selection would have turned out fairly well, but Troy wasn't all that happy. Hopefully, I will get a rematch tomorrow, but more likely Warmahordes will strike again.

No comments:

Post a Comment