Wednesday, April 17, 2013

TMI: Double Down

IMAG0768

A pretty quick week game wise. I only played a game of 40K and an intro Malifaux game. I forgot to take pictures of the 40K game, but I was playing Tau, anyway. I also forgot to pull out all of my Eldar and take a picture of that. The Demo game was against Dave, using his Viks plus a Ronin versus my Seamus box.

The 40K game was versus Necrons. Cody's list is Monolith heavy. More of throw back to the last book, but still strong. I rolled terribly, needing 3's to glance, 4's to break his damn shields. I barely glanced, if I did anything at all. I played several things wrong for the new Tau, most notably Markerlights and Drones being scoring in Scouring. I didn't really take much from the game rules wise, one because I cheated, and two because my dice rocked the suck. I did, however, take in all that is the new Tau. They have some strange changes that I don't understand, but overall they play the same. Which is a HUGE load off of my mind, as I was afraid of a total rewrite. I am looking forward to getting in some more games with them. Hopefully, without cheating this time. No promises.

The demo game against Dave proved my luck hadn't improved. I also have not played Seamus in a while and was more than a little rusty. Thats bad if you were never really any good with him to begin with. I did manage to get my schemes, but I was gone before we score book Claim Jump. A good game overall, I had one Belle die three times. I think I played a little to agressively, ecspecially versus the Viks. He did fairly well, I think he will do well with the Viktorias, and I made some suggestions for new buys. Though I have Vanessa, I haven't gotten her painted yet, due to Eldar and weather. I am looking to add her soon. I had hoped to do it this weekend, since next week Nabors should get his, but snow has kept me from priming.

We then rolled into an eventful Dark Heresy/Deathwatch game where I did very little, but watch things almost explode. The parties have been split due to tension by the higher ups. Arsenic is losing it... More than usual, I mean. Things could get interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment