Monday, April 1, 2013

TMI: Malifaux and a wooden spoon

IMAG0735

Another week, a few more games in. This time was International Tabletop Day, though I didn't get in any board or card games. I did play a few wargames, though. I played Malifaux and then followed that up with a Warmahordes tournament.

The Malifaux game was versus James. We flipped shared Contain Power. Actually we flipped king of the hill first, but I didn't want to find a hill. I took an uber beater crew, Leveticus, Bette, Izamu, Dead Rider, and a Canine Remains. He took Sonnia, Hopkins, three Stalkers, a Watcher, and a Brutal Effigy. My plan was to drag Izamu, charge him in, kill a living model, drop Bette, ugly something else, and put her away. Unfortunately, I had to set up first, so he setup in the other corner. Well, that is that. Instead I inched my crew turn one, basically passing to do it all turn two. He didn't move much closer, just a Stalker. Likely he was trying to draw me out. I put the Dead Rider into the Witchling, Izamu went around the other side, Leveticus moved into the building, and I made the second Waife. Turn three was me killing Stalkers, putting Izamu into his stuff, summoning an SPA, and locking up his shooting including Sonnia. Turn four never happened. He made some lame claim about setting up the Warmahordes tournament. And, since the game stopped, he won. He had Hold Out and Bodyguard, I had Kill Protege and Hold Out. Four to him, two to me.

IMAG0735

Two other showed up for the tournament, Troy and Patrick. This meant James played and two rounds basically decided everything. Both of my games were done in around 30 minutes. Round one was me versus Troy. It was on the soon to be underground board. He pulled the high side. I sent my Cinerators up the hill on my right, towards his objective, and my Jacks and Kreoss to the left to protect my objective. I scored one point for Dominating my flag. He killed Kroess. Game over 1-0 me, but the win to him.
Round two was versus Patrick. This game took a full ten minutes longer than the last, clocking in at 35 minutes. This was an epic fail on my part. It was the mission I beat Patrick at last week on the same table, with almost no change. I tried my same strategy, but he was having none of it. I then proceeded to pull my Cinerators out of my zone to try and do anything to his Jack. I should have left the one that couldn't charge in that zone, but foolishly moved him. This time, my guys were slightly out of his zone. My turn ended, and he had all the points he needed, while I had none. A mistake on my part, but I wasn't playing the game any more as much as just trying to scratch his Jack. If his Jack had an itch, he still had it after my turn.
Troy barely beat James with a smidge of luck, leaving the rankings, Troy, James, Patrick, then myself. It basically meant I gave Troy five bucks. It went basically how I expected, Patrick is on to me, I can't stop Troy's train, and I can't bring the hurt. I have to play defensively, and hope to win on points.
After that, it was still more Warmachine, with new people getting games, others catching up on their weeks, and an Apoc game in the corner. Without anything to play(I was Warmahordes burnt), and no after hours, I headed home to get some painting done. I will not be in town next weekend, so there won't be any TMI next week, but I should have plenty of Eldar army updates. I am getting to the point where I think it will be all but finished when I get to game in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment