Monday, June 24, 2013

TMI: A busy week

I had several games this week, the ones I mentioned earlier, plus a couple more Malifaux games on Thursday, and 2 more Malifaux games and a game of 40K on Saturday. Some of them were a little rough, either for me or my opponent, but for the most part they were all fun.

Game one on Thursday was Malifaux versus Troy, and I brought Mei Feng back to the table. I ran Mei with Vapormancy and Misdirection, Kang with People's Challenge and Hard Worker, three Rail Workers, the Emberling, and an Oiran. Troy brought Pandora with Fears Given Form, Fugue State, and The Box Opens, Doppleganger with Nexus of Power, Poltergeist, Baby Kade, and Teddy. The strategy was Reckoning, I had Protect Territory and Distract, he had Assassinate and Frame for Murder on Teddy. For the most part, this game was I do this, no I can't because of this and now I take damage. I have a real hard time with the Df 7 of the Neverborn masters(Pandora can sub he 7 Wp). Mei is plenty good at killing nonleader models, but she just doesn't have the Ml to beat the masters. There is also the fact that several of the other models also have Df 7, plus I have to burn cards to even get the chance to try to hit, and the fact that my deck hates me, and I was getting beat. I also had a fly buzzing in my ear about Robin, and I kinda lost it. I shamefully called the game. It seems to be a new fad for me in M2E, and I don't like it.

Game two for Thursday was also against Troy. I once again pulled out Mei Feng, same list minus the Oiran as we dropped points. He took Lillith this time, with Beckon Malifaux, Living Blade, and Wicked Mistress, Doppleganger with Nexus of Power(of course), Teddy, and Baby Kade. We played this game on the Terraclips dungeon board. This board is a lot of hallways, and showed how weak Mei Fengs Railwalker is with the new push. She gets trapped to easily and can't push through to the next Railworker. It is almost better for them to die and give her scrap to push over. We had Reconoitre. We both took Plant Evidence and Bodyguard(Kang for me, Doppleganger for him). He quickly blocked one of the two routes out of my zone with trees, but I split my forces as intended anyway. Kang and a worker went through his trees forward on the right, everything else took the side passage left. As the walls were not counting as terrain(sorta), there were no objects on Kang's side to plant upon, but he could mess with recon and he was a good distraction. As it was he drew Lillith, while the others drew Kade. On turn two we both got a point for Recon, and I was able to place too many markers(forgot the 4" distance rule). Also, we both revealed our Bodyguards and earned a point, we blocked each other from a recon point. Turn 3 was me placing more evidence and after a failed Railwalker(blocked by the model I just walked to) I charged into Kade. Lillith gave Kang a beating, but do to Hard to Kill, he lived, then activated to heal a little. We both snagged Bodyguard again, but I had moved to much stuff to a second quarter, and only he got recon Turn 4, Lillith killed Kang before he could activate and heal back to full. She also killed the worker. On my side, I wasn't able to kill Kade before he zipped to Teddy. With most of my stuff done, I passed through turn 5, and he did some clean up on his schemes. In the end we actually ended in a tie, with him getting 2 for strat, 1 for evidence, and 3 for bodyguard. I managed 1 for recon, 3 for evidence and only 2 for Bodyguard. The tie surprised me, and I think Troy as well, as I thought he had a commanding lead.

On to Saturday. Another game versus Troy. I had put away Mei and picked up Ramos. I had Ramos with Under Pressure, Combat Mechanic, and Electric Summoning, Joss with Recharge Soulstone and Bleeding Edge Technology, Howard Langston, Johan, and a Steam Arachnid. He had Lillith with Beckon Malifaux, Wicked Mistress and Living Blade, Candy with Fear Given Form and Best Behavior, Doppleganger with Nexus of Power(see a theme), Kade, and Teddy. We had Squatter's Rights, I hid Protect Territory and Line in the Sande, he revealed the same. I killed the spider on turn one with Joss, then Ramos turned it into two swarms. The rest of the game was me playing aggressive against his crew, which was a bad idea. One, I have to make to many tests for each action, and losing hurts, and two not being able to hit due to the Neverborn's high defence. I basically ended up watching everything die, though I did manage to kill the Doppleganger. And nothing else. He snagged 2 for Squatter's, 3 for Protect Territory, and 1 for sand. I got nothing.

I then played Patrick, and it was my turn to bring the NPE. We had Squatter's Rights and both took and hid Deliver a Message and Protect Territory. I had Leveticus with Pariah of Iron, Shackled Eternal, and Entropy Unbound, Jos with Tally Sheet and Oath Keeper, Rusty with Desolate Soul, Hollow Waife, and two Steam Abominations. He took Nicodem with Maniacal Laugh, Undertaker, and Reaper Grin, Mortimer with My Favourite Shovel and Decaying Aura, Flesh Construct, Graveyard Spirit, Punk Zombie, and three Canin Remains. Turn one I used Joss to kill both SAs, giving me two corpses and four scrap, which is two turns of summoning for Leveticus(and with Tally Sheet, I draw two cards). I did my summoning, and he dropped corpses from the dogs and Mortimer and did his own summoning. Turn two we began our moves forward. I'm doing more summoning, the Flesh Construct and the Spirit come screaming forward and Joss kills the Construct, giving me two scrap and a corpse for Leveticus. My swarm starts to take its toll on Patrick's crew, as when he ends an activation, he takes a bunch of neg flip defence duels, then 3+ damage and I am killing off his Mindless Zombies. Between turn 2 and 3 I remember Alyce's upgrade, so he starts taking damage from failed actions as well. Combine with putting up the waife's aura for neg flips first, and he starts to really crumble. Add in I am getting my summons off first, and he doesn't even have corpse counters to use. Add in that he has Punk Zombies in a horde with Slice and Dice, but its at a negative flip and if he fails he dies(which they do), and beginning turn 4 Patrick calls it. I don't blame him at all, since he was in a very ugly spot. That list just doesn't bring the happiness. A telling bit for me was that Patrick was winning, he had a point for Squatter's and two for Deliver a Message. I had no points as I was only just beginning working on points. I pointed this out, but he just got to the point where he didn't care. All in all, it was basically how I expected it to go. Though, it was more fun to play than I expected for myself, it was all of the fun I expected for my opponent. I plan to run it again against Troy as another test, but I don't think it is a way I will continue to play. And since that's how No More NPE Mack wants us to play his NPE game, I may have to shelve Leveticus, excepting in tournaments which I never get to go to.

Ok, enough Malifaux, on to 40K(yeah, you didn't think I played anything else). I managed to beg a game of 40K Eldar versus Eldar against Cody. We rolled Kill Points with Hammer and Anvil deployment. I was running my new book Eldar and Dark Eldar list(see below), he was running a Wraith Blade list, in Serpents with a Wraith Knight and two Fire Prisms. I scored the Warlord Trait that lets me choose Night Fight, I eventually said yes, to block his Fire Prism shots, though he took the upgrade that lets them turbo boost and fire, so one of them did just that. I put some shots into the Wraith Knight and wounded him. The game basically breaks down to me popping a transport and killing the Wraith Blades inside in assault with the council, rinse repeat. He couldn't bring concentrated enough fire power to take down any of my squads. I think in the end I had only lost the Warlocks and a Guardian squad, while he only had left a Wraith Blade squad. The Crimson Hunter did a great job on his tanks, easily surpassing all attempts to use the Razorwing in that roll from all previous games. The Razorwing on the other hand did a fantastic job in its new role as anti infantry, and specifically heavy infantry. While, the last wound on the Wraithknight cost me a Windrider squad before I could finish him, taking him down with Bladestorm was actually disgustingly easy(or easier than expected, maybe). Even without Fortune I was able to keep my council mostly intact, using the Conceal cover save. I think I may need to take more Conceal Warlocks, because 1 in the council always seems to end up in a bad spot. It also, likely, helps that his army was mostly assault, so there was a lot less fire to weather, and the council excels in assault, even when it doesn't get the charge. The spears also(finally) earned their points, helping to open transports before the assault. Historically, they never really did that much, and I only took them because that's how my models were. I have eight weeks of play testing to get everything fine tuned, but I am finally thinking it may be enough.


The List:
Eldar
HQ:
Farseer(Warlord), Spirit Stone of Anath'lan, Jetbike
Farseer, Shard of Anaris, Jetbike
Warlock Council- 10 Warlocks, 2 with Spears
Troops
3x Windrider Hosts- 6 Jetbikes, 2 with Cannons
Fast Attack
Crimson Hunter Exarch

Dark Eldar
HQ
Baron Sathonyx
Troops
Hellions- Helliarch with Stun Claw, 6 Hellions
Heavy Support
RazorWing- Disintegrators, Splinter Cannon, 4 Monoscythes, Nightshield, Flickerfield

No comments:

Post a Comment