Wednesday, June 19, 2013

TMI: M2E: Mei "Undefeated" Feng


Managed to get a week day game of Malifaux. This was a three way with myself running Mei Feng, Patrick running Nicodem, and Nabors running Misaki. If the title didn't give to much away, read on.

We had corner deployment with Turf War for the strategy. Our scheme pool was A Line in the Sand, Assassinate, Spring the Trap, Entourage, and Protect Territory. I took hidden Entourage on Kang and hidden Protect Territory. Nabors revealed Protect and hid Assassinate on Nicodem. Patrick had the same as me, but revealed Entourage on Nico.
The Lists:
Myself(Ten Thunders):
Mei Feng with Vapormancy and Misdirection
Kang with Hard Worker and People's Challenge
Emberling
3x Rail Workers
Oiran
Basically, every Ten Thunders model I own.

Nabors(also Ten Thunders):
Misaki with Disguise, Stalking Bisento, and Cutpurse
Ototo with Call the Thunder
Shang
Yamaziko
Thunder Archer
Torakage

Patrick(Resser):
Nicodem with Maniacal Laugh, Undertaker, and Asylum Stone
Sebastion with Unnerving Aura and Decaying Aura
Vulture and Graveyard Spirit(tsk tsk)
Punk Zombie
Flesh Construct
2x Canine Remains

Turn one I set up my forces to shoot Mei forward and headed towards center. Nabors's Archer stepped forward and killed the offending Vulture(this is about where I realised he had two totems). And thus a war was born along their shared board edge. On turn two, I shot Mei up and killed a canine headed for my half for protect and locked the other in combat who was tagging along. Then I just positioned for the rest of the turn, dropping protect markers on the center line, mimicing Line. Patrick and Nabors continue to beat on each other. The next turn Mei kills the other dog after using defensive trigger to move in range of a Rail Worker then bounces out and sets up for another foray. Nabors starts to take the brunt of the beating. Turn four and Nabors is gone. Patrick turns my way, but I pretty much own the center. Sebastian comes my way, and I shoot in with the emberling, lighting on fire. Next turn Mei Feng jumps over, beats on him and gives him more burning, so now he is going to die. Nicodem moves towards flank, trying to circle to get into my zone for Entourage. Kang moves to block and on turn five bounces Nico back, which likely gave him the freedom to get Entourage, oh well. I eat the Graveyard Spirit but lose the Emberling in the process. He does some damage to Kang with the Punk, but a 0 action heal and he can be full wounds. It ends on five however, so it didn't really matter. All in all, a good game, though I was left out of it for a good portion. Neither of my opponents went for objectives, save Nabors trying hard to assassinate Nicodem. In the end it left me full for Turf War, full for Protect, and one for Entourage. Patrick came out with three and Nabors with zilch.

I really liked playing Mei, she had movement shenanigans, but still hit plenty hard. Moving burning around is going to be big. She isn't a reliant on suits, so thats definitely better, since before I always felt that her reliance led to getting stuck in the open and mauled, or just not doing anything. I need to try her out in some one vs one games, where I am actually fighting an opponent. I found it easy to use her AP to drop markers on her way somewhere and then use the other models to move into range for Protect.

Until next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment