Thursday, July 11, 2013

TMI: It's all a little foggy


Played a couple games over last weekend, but have been to busy to post. Now they are a bit hazy, but I will try and relay what I remember. Wow, talk about excitement.

Game one was Malifaux versus Patrick. I wanted to throw down Leveticus with his NPE, but I promised I wouldn't, so I took the Viks instead. I had the Viks, Taelor, Bishop, Miss Demeanor, and Hans. He had Nicodem, Mortimer, Sebastian, couple canines, a flesh construct, and a couple punk zombies. We both took power ritual and bodyguard(Taelor/Mortimer) and the strategy was Reckoning. I moved up slightly to the right of center, he also brought his Punks up that side, while everything went slightly to the other side. On turn two I charged forward with sword Vik(now Vik of Blood, I guess) into his Punks and killed both of them. He then took the bait and charged in with the construct. I was able to shrug it off, then charged in the other Vik(Ashes). Bishop followe behind, while Taelor uglied some stuff on the other side, looking to position for a nice welcoming party. He took the canines down the side. Hans and Miss Demeanor where deployed to drop my Power Rituals in my corners, but then just were out of range for most of the game. At the end they could have done the dogs, but didn't get there. Turn two I scored for reckoning, both of us scored for bodyguard. Turn three was more slaughter. The construct went down, Bishop also died, Taelor went happy dance, using Welcome to Malifaux to charge deep into Nico's stuff. Martimer also moved up, then got Vikked(I think I just coined a new term). This meant he would only get one for Bodyguard. Turn four his crew was looking fairly light. His canines moved in, planting on left, removing my ritual marker on the right. Both Hans and Demeanor would have to move to shoot, but I think they could have done it. I munched Sebastian with Taelor and set up her bubble of welcoming again. At this point Patrick called it. I had 3 for Bodyguard and 3 for Reckoning and only one Ritual marker, he has 1 for Bodyguard, 0 for Reckoning, and 3 markers. The best he could hope for was Nico going off the hook and getting 5 points, while I would likely get 7+. A good game, I think for both of us, and a definite improvement over the last game with Leveticus.


Game two was Shay with Blood Angels. He was running 3 drop dreads with BA flamers. I was running my Eldar/DE list at 1750. It went down about as expected. Two dropped in and flamed one squad of Windriders down to the warlock, who promptly fled off the board(ouch), then I zipped off, leaving them impotent for the rest of the game. His third came in, but ended up fairly close to the edge, and I held to the petals count, which meant mishap, which he rolled a one, which sucks, but that dread was a heavy(oh, yeah, we were playing big guns). I started a scrum in the middle with the council, which just collected his squads, while the rest of my army was free to plink and dance. I was able to basically assassinate he priests through challenges and a well place Mind War(boosted by horrify). After his FNP was gone, things swung heavily in my favor. I think my council finally fell, but the Farseers fought on. My Windriders moved onto objectives, and the scrum kept that objective contested. I did have a chance to turboboost right into the path of a stunned Storm Raven, instant kill with zero work. I said as much, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Instead I plinked its rear, then wandered off to do something else. I'm not sure I would have even done it in tournament, seems kinda dickish. The game ended on 5, I'm not sure we even rolled for it. I had the Hellions Helliarch with the Baron, plus two Windrider squads, and only 3 objectives. His Raven was free the next turn to do something, but he would have had to hover to get my Hunter. He admitted the Dreads were a bad choice against me, as they are just to slow. And for tailoring his list versus mine(he makes his list day of, and he plays me often enough), he was definitely right. I seldom have much trouble with his Blood Angels, and I don't think its him, its more a Space Marine thing. I hope to face Space Marines round one at Tacticon, and that some Tau take each other out. But since that seems unlikely, I better prep for Tau.

No comments:

Post a Comment