Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TMI: In a galaxy far far away...



There is only war. Wait, that doesn't seem quite right. Hmmm.... anyway. As it was Iron Man weekend, I didn't get in many games, but they were all X-Wing. Sad is the Malifaux 2 Tara, but she will keep.



As you can see, I have started making X-Wing mats, and it is going pretty well, I think. I also managed to play on this bad boy a few times. I would like to add some city lights to the planet, but we will see. I have plans to make ~11 more for use in the Genghiscon Tournament and sale.

Enough about the mat. The games have been going fairly well, but as I am the only player, and I haven't invested in Rebels at all, I have been unable to try out my list fully. I need to work on manoeuvring, as I put Vader in a sloppy place. I had Barrel Rolled to get a shot, flubbed, forgot my target lock, forgot to reroll, and got shot up pretty bad. Then that snivelling wretch of a son, Luke Skywalker, shot him down. He got his on an asteroid though. Then it was my Mauler Mithil and Cody's Interceptor versus Shea's A-Wing, and eventually he just went down. Pretty much every game dwindles to a couple models going head to head, first one to fail dies.

I am still immensely enjoying this game, but doubt I will be ready for Tacticon, where I will go 0-3 and go set up some terrain. Maybe I can win by selling a few mats.

No comments:

Post a Comment