Friday, October 4, 2013

OTT: When Death Marshal come knocking



Finished my test Death Marshal. I like it. Shaffer had suggested going with a super dark grey scale on everything but the flames. It kinda hit where I thought about going. These guys are shadows of memories Karina totes around, so I wanted to make them shadowy, except for the scarey fire heads she remembers. While the dark black with fire would have worked, and I am contemplating doing one this way, I instead painted them really dark. Everything is basically charadon granite and the base color, highlighted up by adding the base color, so it never really even makes it up to the base. And after that I glazed everything not on fire with GW night shade. I think it has the super dark, shadow of a memory effect I was going for, especially next to the rest of the crew.



Speaking of the rest of the crew, instead of finishing the other two Death Marshals, I started in on Karina. Started in is probably the wrong word, since her dress and flesh were mostly done. I'm liking how she turned out, not my best work, but she is coming nicely. I still need to dirty her up and do the base rim, but that's for another day.

Well, off to see some hot air... And I'm not even headed to Hobby Town this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment