Tuesday, November 19, 2013

TMI: Newb stomping


With my new job, I am getting down to the store much later, which means fewer games. I still managed to get in a single game of Malifaux, since everyone ditched out, but I also played some Pathfinder Society.

When I arrived, Troy and Patrick were already deep into a game, Nabors was playing Shane 40K, and Chad was off assembling Daemons. However, there was a new Mike in the basement. I had never seen him before, but he is apparently new to Malifaux and was looking for some pointers. I helped where I could, and asked if he wanted to play a game. He said no for a while, then decided he wasn't leaving, so he might as well play.
We played a 50 ss game, he used my models to proxy, since his crew wasn't attached to bases. He played Misaki and I played Leveticus. Leveticus has never been my go to against new players, but I really wanted/needed to get in a bat rep for the beta. I brought Leveticus, Alyce, 2 Waifes, 4 Abominations, and a Rogue Necromancy. I set Leveticus up as a summoner. He ran the Misaki box, plus Yamaziko. He played WAY to cagey. Instead of coming at me, he held back, and I was able to summon like a beast, and then pick of his models, or straight swamp them with numbers. I never used Leveticus's Unmaking spell, choosing instead to have all of my guys do the heavy lifting. In the end I basically tabled him. He had one model left, and I had a whole turn of minions to beat it down.
Overall, the new Leveticus was fun to play. His summoning capabilities are strong, but expensive. Hopefully he will stay the way he is and they will tweak instead of rewrite. Unnatural Wasting needs improved to ever be taken, but the rest seems solid. I may need more Necropunks.


As I mentioned earlier, everyone was ditching out on Malifaux for some Pathfinder Society. Well, it turned out half of them ditched on that, too. So, it ended up Troy, Chad, myself, and Scott DMed. I made the fourth player to make it a legal run. Chad ran his over the top backstabby ninja, Troy ran a Sorcerer, and so I picked up the Samurai, on a horse. A horse that I was reluctantly talked into bringing into the dungeon, and about when I decided that I could do this, and beat the CRAP out of some goblins with it, everything was on different levels and I couldn't ride anymore. Anyway, it was a good time, though it didn't get done until super late(early?). As I used a pregen, I am able to take the level I earned for the adventure and apply it to my new character. I am putting together a Summoner, since PFS sucks and doesn't have Psions. WTH? He is looking pretty cool, and the idea of having a character that won't die off due to a campaign failing does have plenty of appeal to me.

Well, I am off to find a miniature for a nomadic summoner and look at putting one together for my four armed Eidolon companion.
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment