Monday, February 17, 2014

Genghiscon comes to a close


Another Genghiscon comes to an end. It is now President's Day, and its time to start the recovery and work for Tacticon(you know, if I didn't procrastinate). The highlight of the weekend for me was likely the above. My Izamu took third in the large miniature category.

My Steampunk Dorothy didn't do near as well. The person I talked to wasn't in on the judging, but didn't think she made the first cut.


I also ran the 40K and Malifaux events. The KoGT blog has a quick run down of how the 40K event went. The Malifaux event went fairly well, with nine entries. I only had one completely painted force, so Troy received painting award. He also took first, with Patrick coming in second. I met some new faces, including fellow Henchman Monica, though she wasn't able to play.

As an odd player event, I was able to get in a couple of games, before one player dropped. You can read after the break if you want to know about that.
Due to family stuff, I may not be running an event at Tacticon, but I plan to be back at Genghiscon.


The first round I played Ben, who brought Neverborn, and specifically Lillith. The tournament could have been fixed master, as I don't believe anyone took a second master during the day. He ran two tots, two young, a mature, and the doppelganger. I took Tara, because I love her. He had also been surprised that I had a Tara crew, so I thought it would be fun for me to show her off. I managed to first turn blast the DE into the Doppelganger, drop Taelor as well, kill a Tot and do some other damage, just to make myself known. In my defense I had told him what would happen, but I don't think he expected me to target the Doppelganger, but she has been terribly annoying in the past, and so, was a prime target. The DE eventually died, but not before doing serious damage. Later I made the mistake of using the Child to try and bury a one wound Taelor to heal her, which of course would kill her, but luckily had a stone to prevent damage for my mistake, and was able to heal her in bury. She never made it back out, since we ran out of time. The game ended in a draw.

Next game was versus Marc. I have seen Marc play many times, mostly at the Cons, but I am not sure I have ever played him. He brought his trusty Neverborn, specifically Pandora. I was able to use my new trick to start dropping Pandora's Wp. It seemed kind of effective, though it was basically just Tara's -2 Wp for Fast aura. Because of it I was able to Pine Box her with a Death Marshal, but the next turn never came, so I didn't get to see the end result. It went well for me, but again a game that didn't finish. It was a good game, I won 4-2, getting zero for Reckoning, shocker, while he grabbed both turns two and three, and would have likely continued to do so.

It was good to get at least a couple games in over the weekend. I am glad we ended up with an odd number. Though some more sleep would have been good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment