Wednesday, February 5, 2014

No, really, I do have hobby progress


As of late my posting of hobby progress has been a little on the light side. Most of that is due to spending a lot of time on boards for Malifaux. Pictures of which I hope to post soon, hopefully completed. However, it hasn't all been terrain. I have been working on The Duke for my Inquisimunda crew, even though I fear they may go down fast in a blaze of glory, or more likely a slow painful dwindling death. Currentlly he is a butchered chest, partially attached arms, a pack with a couple large guns, and some blue tack on a flying stand. When I manage to score some bits, I will get back to work and make in presentable. Another project I started in the last couple days was a proxy for Malifaux Killjoy. As I am not a huge fan of the model, but have been kinda liking him in game, I decided to try out the Bones from Reaper. The model I chose was a Ettin, which I removed the clubs and added a cleaver and hooked chain, in line with the Malifaux model and rules. The cleaver was from my Ogres, with some added notches for wear. The chain was partially from the warriors of chaos sprue and some actual chain used for jewelry. The size and shape is a bit different, but I think it will work when painted. I tried to make the chain look like he is ripping it back and getting ready to follow up with the cleaver, but I think the arm pose may be a little off. I am not sure how it will end up on the final piece, but I am going to go with it for now. I do plan to try and bring in some of the grotesquery of the original, but we shall see. My whole aversion to painting gross and all.
This model, Joss, Izamu, a Malifaux Child that is inbound, and a few Infinity models are on my docket for this weekends Iron Man Painting. Joss and Izamu take precedence seeing how they have been WIP for a while. An understatement for Izamu. But I do hope to get all of the Malifaux models finished. The Infinity stuff is just filler, and I do need to get them painted, since I made it required for my league. Either way, I'm off to get some more terrain done, maybe some plaques, maybe work on player packs, ...... maybe I have a little too much on my plate. ..... Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment