Wednesday, June 11, 2014

SILENCE! I kill you.


As some of you may have noticed, or pry not, I have been fairly quiet as of late. I blame 7th edition 40K. No, actually I blame May. With everyone having other things to do, there was no late gaming, and I had to fight to get games, and I'm not much of a fighter. But I was able to break the drought the Saturday before last and get in a game of the new edition of 40K. My opponent, Shea. My army, Eldar with Dark Eldar allies. His army, Orks. Outcome, well, I guess you will have to read on.

We ended up rolling the Scouring. He runs a horde Ork list with a TON of boys. I always have a little trouble with this list because he can start taking over huge chunks of the table, giving me no where to use my maneuverability. I think he chose to deploy first, but take second turn. We actually got a pretty fair distribution of objective markers, with the 4 point one in the dead center. The first couple turns were me move up, shoot, drop back, baiting him forward so that he cleared room in his back field for me to jump across and start again from the other side. I did fair damage and was whittling down squads, but nothing knocked off yet. I did some damage with my flyers, but he wiped them off the board with his jets on his second turn. One turn three, we were getting close to close, so I played to time, dropping jetbikes on objectives, contesting others, and the big melee in the middle on the four pointer between his Nobs and my Council, now included the Helions, who are troops as well. He didn't bother to play his turn, and we cleaned up and went home. A great game, I think he could have done some damage to me, but not enough to take my win.

All in all, I am a fan of 7th. It has opened up new ideas and combos and closed down some old ones. I do think that my 16+ dice for the magic phase really was morally defeating for him, especially since I rolled nothing but 2's for the extra d6. This meant that if I rolled 3 4+'s he could only watch and whimper.

My apologies for the lateness of this post, it took a week for life to let me post it. I do look to have not only another battle report posted later this week, but some hobby progress.

Take that, life.

No comments:

Post a Comment