Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Curse you Flickr!


My deepest apologies. My phone no longer seems able to upload pictures to Flickr. This leads to me not posting, since I don't like posting without pictures, especially when I actually have them. The last few weeks have been rather heavy with games. I have been playing Malifaux, 40K, X-Wing, and I even threw down Fantasy versus the kids. I also got in a game of Evil Baby Orphanage versus a couple good looking girls. And unfortunately their dad as well, so you know.
I do feel that I should, as a public service announcement state that I am catching up on several games which include 25 picture. It's long, very long. Though I will just synapse the games.


The first game was my Chaos versus Shea's Orks with a Morka/Gorka/Schmorkanaught. He als had Tractor Beamas(or whatever, it sound Orky). I swooped forward, dropped some pitiful psychic death, then got blasted from the sky. -3 to grounding checks? Why not just make it auto fail. Anyway, I got charged, which I originally thought was good. Then my one DP got pasted, hmmm.... Less good.

I managed to use my Rhinos as fairly good blockers, moving out of the way, shooting, then turbo boosting back in the way. Of course he would kill a lynch pin, like the Pink DP, and circle around from time to time, but otherwise, solid.

However, as the game went on, the tide, though dwindling just kept coming.

Eventually even my warlord succumbed, though I was able to take down a Tractor Beama unit and hide from the other one.

Eventually the Heldrakes were alone with the Pred, which proved super not effective, even against horde Orks.

In the end, it just went to long. I was over run.


The following day I managed to get a game versus a guy named Mike. Imagine that. Though this was at Hobby Quest in Longmont. I have started to just photograph my crews, so its easier than writing.

Fairly basic, big hitter, Tara list. He ran:

Lady J. Core crew with slight changes, namely an Austringer.

We had corner Deployment, and I moved towards center. Then promptly forgot that I needed a crow to bring the DE out. Rusty mistake, but one I didn't think would generally effect the game. It may have slowed me too much, but I don't think so.

I had taken Frame for Murder on DE and Assassinate on Lady J. He took Frame on a Death Marshal that I killed early, but not by Tara(of course) giving him 2 VP. He beat on DE very successfully, but I then healed him a bit, hoping to feint that I wanted him to live. And enough to require a hitter like Lady J to bring him down.

Instead, he decided to target Tara instead. I did manage to bring Lady J to 1 Wd at the end of 3, with Tara at 1 as well, hope he would go, kill Tara, focus and kill DE, I finish Lady J with no stones, I get 5 VP(turn late for one scheme), we were tied on turf war, and I was in a good place to keep getting it. I had also hoped to sacrifice my Death Marshal to bring out Kill Joy and make things unpleasant. I hold my plan was sound, but I ran out of time and had to call it, with a win to him, while I went and got the kiddos.


Speaking of kiddos, I picked up a Tie Defender and threw it up against one of them running my Rebel force with a brand new E-Wing. It went very well, and I once again proved that with my local meta as it is, I am fairly skilled at icing a Falcon.


Looking to test my skill further, I brought the same list, swapping an Interceptor in for the Advanced and spending the points elsewhere versus Shea running two X-Wings and his E-Wing. It went fairly well, but massively good dice for him from both of us saw me extinguished on the final turn, though Hail Maries was all I had left anyway.


Afterwards, we had time for a quick reset. I switched some upgrades, but went mostly the same. He swapped an X-Wing for a second E-Wing, fiddled some and we dove back in. With more Asteroids! Which proved difficult for me early on, and I ended up in a cluster in the center very early on. I was able to recover, and after losing my borrowed Interceptor(AGAIN!), I rallied and turned it a full 180. In the end, the Interceptor was my only loss in game two.


I came into Hobby Town late this last Saturday to an empty house. But before I could leave after running a demo, what do my wondering eyes behold? Mike S. Ad he wants to play a game. Of Malifaux. I do believe I have been blessed.

Strat and schemes above, this is what I took. Too many pictures perhaps, but I'm closing in on it.

I took the Viks. Its been a while, and I just felt the need.

I had forgotten how large a crew they tend to run. At least in my hands.


He ran Lynch. I should have gathered his cards, but we were already into it.

Early on he plays aggressively, shooting Huggy forward, who I eat, with Tannen turn two. I may have began to understand Reckoning, as I spend most of the game killing two things, beating on others, but leaving them ready to die come the next turn.

However, this leaves me a dwindling crew to target with Cursed Object and Distract. But I persevere.

I had hoped for a turn 6, and if I had taken init like I should have, I could have guaranteed it, thanks to Vanessa. In the end I won, 8 to 3. A great game. I focused on the mission while he focused on his crew. I think as he starts to get a grip on what the crew does and how, it will be a much tougher fight. As it wasn't easy. Though, I did feel rather gifted in how I executed Reckoning. Hopefully I can repeat it, but only time will tell.

Well, I said I would keep them short, but not the article. If you read this far, thank you, and I plan to keep them shorter in the future. I also hope to get a better upload going so I can get these back out at my usual speed. Am I allowed to call my slow posting a speed? Anyway, may your dice stay hot and your cards friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment