Sunday, December 21, 2014

Return of the 40K

After a bit of a hiatus, I picked up my larger force of unfinished models, and once again dived back into Warhammer 40K. As much as I think the new edition hurt the hobby, I still enjoy it. It is the edition for my Chaos, as they seem to be the most fun right now. I didn't really enjoy the games with my Eldar, and the Dark Eldar got a heavy tweak in their new book, so I have no idea how that will go down. I haven't tried my Tau, but I have had a strange aversion towards them since I mostly put them down in fifth. Well, enough rambling, on to the game.

It has been a while, so I probably should post my list:
2 Daemon Princes with wings, power armor, psyker level three, and Tzeentch(which I forgot on my armor rolls... sigh
4 units of Chosen; two plasma, melta, and a flamer in stock Rhinos, one champ is Warlord
A three "man" Spawn squad, devoted to Slaanesh(all I had points for)
2 Baleflamer Heldrakes
That's it. I faced Collin and his Deathwing list. Belial, some special assault termies, three squads basic with cyclones, one semi assaulty, and a lascannon dread. We were playing Scouring(sorta), and I won the roll, chose my side, and went first. Turn one, both Daemon Princes rushed forwad, the Rhinos moved 12" and smoked, Spawn moved and ran. The Daemon Princes both Psychic Shrieked, rolling a 16 and a 13 versus his command, dropping the squad to Belial and a single termy.


His turn, he brought in two squads using his Deathwing rule, and dropped in the middle. He shot with his guys, trying to ground my closer prince, but didn't. He also targeted the Warlord's Rhino and managed to wreck it.

On my turn, I managed to bring on one of the Heldrakes, and put some more hurt on his squads. One of the Daemon Princes managed a Shriek for 13, but the other rolled too low on the Leadership. On his turn, I lost another Rhino, and he took down the closer Daemon Prince. At this point I was worried, since I didn't seem to be able to take down his Termies, as he would fail even the 2+ armor, and then still make his Feel No Pain. He was munching my guys and I had managed to lose two Marines to my own Plasma.

On turn three, I pulled in the second Heldrake and made some more ineffectual flame attacks, and of course forgot my fly overs. I would forget them all game. I did some more damage to his Termies, but he continued to make his FnPs.

On his turn, he took out a third Rhino, and assaulted a Chosen squad, but not my Warlords. He also failed another charge on another unit of Chosen.


I had also managed to immobilized his Dreadnought, leaving it with a forward arc with almost nothing to shoot at. I managed to hold of the assault, but just barely, though I did roll snake eyes for the leadership.

On turn four, I start hovering my Heldrakes, looking to use them for Linebreaker, since he had First Blood. My DP was also on the ground and looking for something to eat. Due to some terrain usage, mostly created from my wrecked or exploded Rhinos, I was able to stave off some charges, but the DP also failed his range on this turn. We also realized that we had forgot to flip the Scouring markers and so decided to finish the game blind.


Turn five and six started to turn things for me. I had guys on or near objectives, including a forgotten Objective Secured Rhino. He had a Chaplain that was coming for my Warlord, but again, thanks to a busted Rhino, failed his charge. He would eventually get it, but I killed him in Overwatch, though I lost a flamer to shooting. My DP went after his last Terminator squad, but not before he killed my third Chosen unit.

My DP managed to kill his last Termy squad, while my last Chosen hid behind a Rhino, to claim an objective. In the end, I had a DP, two Heldrakes, a Rhino, and two Chosen(dudes, not squads), including my Warlord. The lowly Rhino was sitting on the 4 point objective, a hovering Heldrake contested his Dread, and I think I grabbed a 2 and a 3. I also had Linebreaker and Slay the Warlord. In the end a resounding win for me, but a much closer game than that. We seriously creamed each other, and I just managed to finally kill much of his force in the end with the DP and melta and plasma.

I definitely enjoyed playing the game, and look forward to bringing out the Chaos again, soon. I have even started back into work on the army, so there is hope of it getting finished. However, next weekend I am pulling out the Tomb Kings. That is right, I am going to face the Rage Beast once more. Hopefully, I will be able to surmount my own issues and play reasonable game.

Here's to hoping!

I also got a new camera. And took a LOT more pics. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of the "new" format. No promises, but I hope to repeat. I may even try a video battle report *gasp*

No comments:

Post a Comment