Wednesday, April 29, 2015

A strong week ago

I didn't manage to get in any games in this last weekend. My boys and I were off doing other fun things. I did drop by Hobby Quest on Sunday, but wasn't able to get a game, but my boys were able to do some painting in the store, and I felt it was a definite win. I did watch another game of Wrath of Kings, feeling a bit of temptation, but I am fighting it hard. But, that's not what I am posting about today. Today, I am posting about my games the week BEFORE. Yeah, I know, slacker. At least this way I have something to post this week. All part of my master plan. Yep, sure.


I actually started my day by playing a new guy who had dropped by after getting kicked out of Gryphons. He had dropped by earlier and was told I would be in later and sometimes had X-Wing. So, he ran home to grab his stuff. When he returned I, of course, pulled out my stuff and we dove into a game. I actually flew almost decent. I was running my standard everything at low Pilots Skill list, PS 1 Defender, two TIEs, and Interceptor and PS 2 Advanced. He ran a pair of B-Wings and a pair pf X-Wings(I think) but I can't remember which ones. It started of strong for him, hitting me hard early. I was able to use both of my missiles, which is probably a first. It also turned things around for me. He was running Biggs, who I was able to focus to death on turn two. I then moved onto kill the other X-Wing(I think). I do know that he was left with two B-Wings that laid into me and whittled my down pretty well. I ended up with the Defender(of course) and one other ship, which was hurting. Somebody mentioned that it was going to turn into a circling circus, but I calming shook my head(somebody else pointed out that it wouldn't go down that way either). The Defender is just too good. Maybe even over powered. With white K's, I quickly out maneuvered, and scored the win. A great game, I felt very good about my flying and my tactics. I do feel I need to put together a Rebel list and get some experience on the wrong side. He did mention he plays Malifaux, so, I hope he returns for some of that or more X-Wing. He did go on to play Patrick, who was using my stuff, before he headed out.

I also managed to convince Troy to play a Henchman Hardcore game. I took my "Nothing but Taelor" list I used in the league. Its a super strong list. He took Barbaros, two Stitched, and a Doppleganger. With Assassinate the only scheme, and the objective being Turf War, I believe, it was melee in the middle. And then it was me in the middle. It went pretty bad. I basically rushed forward, nom nommed Barbaros, rinse repeat on Doppleganger, make Troy cry, he picked up his toys and went home. Well, just a bit, he had to help his dad with something. If I had ran this list straight through, I could have won the league, even with my low number of games. Seriously, its stupid strong. If only the Nothing Beast worked that well in regular Malifaux. *sigh*

Next up was Relic Knights versus Kodi(probably still spelled wrong). He was running Zineda, so I stuck with Marie-Claude, so as to not over balance things. Most of this game was him trying to block me from completing my scenarios. My first one was Tear It Down, and since he had Slave Raid and Secure Perimeter, and its beneficial placement, I targeted his Primary Objective. He put his Hounds in the way, but I could just move them with the Wrecker, then smack the marker with the Bells. Or I could just kill some of them off. Once I got Tear It Down and Lap Time, locking in 7 points, it was time to look at Assassinate. On the Dahon. *sigh* Who I had pushed back/blocked with Oil Slick, and after my smashong his Objective, he began to hide him in the back corner. So, I began to target the rest of his crew, killing most of them, leaving Zineda and the Dahon. Due to poor adding on my part, I was unaware that I had won the game at that point. I was under the mistaken impression that I was a point short, and the Dahon or Zenida had to die. He, however, had Carnage left, which was worth 3 points, plus the 3 models killed, plus my Knight, plus the model I would have left would get him to 10 points for the win. Or he would win because he tabled me, whichever he chose, I suppose. However, his ride arrived. Which, I guess, meant we drew.... Or so I was informed. Either way, the game was a little lopsided, mostly because I managed to block out his Dahon, leaving him way down on points, and Darkfield Generators, those things are awesome!

So awesome, in fact, that I took them the next day, too. This time I managed to whine Nathan away from his Wrath of Kings game, so I could make mince meat of him to finish the league. This time, I did take Malya, though I did ask first. And I have no idea if she is really that good. She is fast, I know that This time I had Secure the Perimter and Assassinate, Nathan had Espionage and Carnage. He was running Magnus, Sophia Drake, some Diamond schmucks ;-) I started Malya with a Esper Condenser and a Darkfield, the other Darkfield was by my everything else and my Primary. Turn one I failed to drop a Oil Slick, but the Darkfield was still there, protecting everything.

Princess Malya moved up and Secured an enemy Objective, then positioned for some cover and to ready to move on the next Objective. Like I said, fast. The Bells then placed a marker on a second Objective, on the far board edge. I then had the Pacer place his slick, in essence, completely protecting the Darkfield Generator. We had a discrepancy over whether the Oil Slick pushes you if you move zero, or if you can skip your move. Nathan ended up doing something else. Princess Malya then made her run on the final enemy Objective. I placed a Secure on mine and was up seven points. I had asked to play to the tournament limit of 6 points, since I was pressed for time, so this meant I won. Two weeks in a row. The league got pushed out another week, so I was hopeful for a third win, but it was not to be. As I mentioned Wrath of Kings has taken over, so I did not get a game. I did manage to win the league, due to " being the only one still playing in it" and "for painting so much stuff, so well."

Honestly, I don't know what I am going to play, should I make it in next week. Relic Knights seems to have burnt out in a couple people, Russ for definitely sure. Malifaux has been very nonexistent for a while, since Jules went on semi-hiatus, excluding the tourney of course. I have already mentioned I am not looking to get into Wrath of Kings. Even if it is super freaking awesome, I don't want to start a new game I can only sometime get a game in on Sunday, and when that dries up, well, I'm stuck with it. I have started putting together some more Ogres, and am planning a game for this weekend versus Troy at 1000 points. I plan to have that posted next week, hopefully I won't flip the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment