Monday, May 4, 2015

May the Fourth Be With You

Happy Star Wars Day! And yes, that is Fantasy. Do not be alarmed, I did in fact play a 1k game versus Troy's Lizardmen, I used my Ogres, and I did, in fact, NOT rage.


My list was basically a half list of what I plan to run at 2250.
Tyrant with Great Weapon and Heavy Armor
Butcher, level two
9 Ogre Bulls with full command and Iron Fists
10 Gnoblars
3 Lead Belchers(The headless, armless ones in the back)
An Iron Blaster(The soon to be converted Steamtank)

He ran:
Sauras
Skink standard bearer with war banner
Old one
Skinks
Salamanders

We rolled Dawn Engagement, and of course, my Gnoblars ended up on the flank, instead of protecting my Ogres flank. I didn't matter much, since the low points didn't give him enough units to flank me anyway. I played fairly cagey, remembering when I played against Floyd's Ogres, and didn't want to over extend, so I didn't charge in until three. His Skinks ended up taking the long way around and never taking part in the battle. Which meant that my Gnoblars were just staring off into the distance. His Salamanders did come around my left flank, and I made the mistake of Grapeshoting him, which meant I needed 7's to hit them. Needless to say, I missed. A cannon ball would have stood a better chance. The Ironblaster and Leadbelchers were a small part in this game. They did some, whittling down a rank to ruin his horde, but otherwise, not much. My Bulls were king, though. Trollguts is boss and likely won me the game. I wasn't likely to have lost the combat, but instead, I won it very handley, and he needed double ones on three dice. He ran, and I, of course, chased him down. He called the game there, stating that that is how Fantasy rolls.
I am happy with the list. Even though the shooting did little, I still think it will be useful against larger and less tough forces. Some flankers or softening the main target are were they will shine. A 4x3 Ogre charge is nice, I can't wait for a 6x3 one. Nom nom nom.

Later, during after hours, a guy named Josh, who I have played before, stopped by to through down some Relic Knight action. He was running Kasaro To and I pulled out Malya. He pulled Tear it Down and Assassinate(on my Pacer), I pulled Secure the Perimeter and Preserve Life(on my Wrecker). I placed my Primary in the center towards my half. He then placed his to kind of block his middle. I then placed one to my right, since the left was pretty tight for his large models. He placed to basically force me to seperate my markers or place in the tight squeeze. With him having Tear It Down, I went for tight squeeze. He put both of his boosts(armor and melee) right by my Primary, I also placed my Darkfield there. I placed my two esper condensers in board center, ready for Malya, and the proximity mine by his Primary. The Proximity Mine did no damage, as he used Kasaro to eat it, but it did get him to only put Kasaro near the Primary, basically splitting his force. He did manage to deploy so that Malya could only get in base with once Condenser, but she wasn't ready to move forward on first activation anyway, so she moved into base with the second for her second go. He used his Cypher to happily push Mr Tomm out of LoS on several occasions, but the Condensers made up for it, and she was able to get the movement she needed. I was able to place my Oil Slick very early, so I was protected for most of the game. Eventually he popped it, the moved in with Kasaro, but only removed my Secure token. I had forgotten my Cadre ability, so my Wrecker was moving 6" too slow, but I did finally remember, and he circle back to my edge and was headed home. Malya, using he superior speed took care of all three of his objectives. I also sacrificed Harley Quinn to Kasaro to keep him off of my Objective for a bit, and it worked. I was down to 7 cards when he decided he couldn't stop my Wrecker. But I instead shot the Wrecker back to my objective and resecured it, netting me Perimeter and Lap Time, putting me up 7-0. I was also still very near the edge for my Wrecker, so that was looking good, but before I did that, Malya jumped on the Serpent Priestess and ended her in one smash. I set it up to be fairly strong, but not unstoppable, but he didn't have the cards, so it went rather smoothly.

I am finding Malya to be super. Her speed and Cadre are working well for running scenarios. She did hit the Priestess hard, but I am still not sure how she will do for straight killy missions. I am still hoping to get a Rin Farrah, but I did pick up a Cordelia clean, so I will have to see how she plays in the meantime.

I had an interesting time at work, so I wasn't able to get in a game on Sunday, but there is a Malifaux tourney next weekend that should be awesome. Unfortunately I work, but that means the top spot is up for grabs. Wrath of Kings is still going very strong, so I will just have to see if Sundays piddle out, as I am not looking toget into that system.

If anyone is looking for a game of any of the many systems I play, I will be at Hobby Town this Saturday around 4, and am always chomping at he bit for a game. I will also try to get some hobby progress updates up soon. I have been doing stuff, honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment