Saturday, May 28, 2016

Hot and Heavy Age of Sigmar

With the start of the Age of Sigmar league, I have been throwing down a lot of AoS. We started with seven players, plus myself, so looking good. I have even gotten my kids roped in.

All in all, I like the system. The sudden death missions are a no go. We have played around with South Coast GT missions, from the UK, and they seem fun. They force the harder armies to come out and play, which is definitely a good thing.

I have played the "broken" Lord Kroak, and lost. Not because he is over awesome, but because I had a bad list. And with no objective,he was able to castle up, and I just couldn'tm crack it. Missing most of my charges, repeatedly, also didn't help.

I have also played the super summoning, but found that it plays much the 8th ed Daemon summoning. Yep, you have TONS of models, but you haven't done anything.

I also have found that list building is still a thing. There are several point systems out there. Strategy is still a thing. No, there aren't any formations, but how many other games without formations do we play.

We have had some haters. But I think he hates just to hate. Or to gloss over his two losses in his first two games. Cause that means anything.

It still feel fantasy. Tomb Kings feel pre 8th ed., even though they have been squatted. I will continue to play them. I am also looking about pulling out my Night Goblins from ancient times. Ogre, however, sit in limbo. They just don't seem fun. Ogre smash! But I will eventually give them a try, because that is what it is all about, after all.

Until next time, and hopefully sooner than last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment