Thursday, May 26, 2016

Gaming Update

Just wanted to drop a quick line about my gaming. It is still happening, honest. Yesterday, I head down, planning to play some AoS(yep, still a thing), but a father and son showed up, looking to play in a tournament. That was last week. As I was the only one there, I volunteered to play a game. I suggested a three way, but the father wanted one on one. So, I set up my Punishing One, Hawk, M3-A list. Its not, but it is fun to play. I am getting a bit bored with it, but it was ready to go. He was running Poe, the Ghost, and the transport. His list is very likely better than mine. I also forgot half of the things I had changed about the list however many weeks earlier. I did damage, but he did more. The Hawk went first, the Manaroo, but then, i trying to R2-D2 Poe's shields back, he allowed my Interceptor to tag behind, until he made a mistake, which meant Poe left the table. It also put me in line to finish the Ghost, but not before he dropped the Phantom. Unfortunately, i that fight, the M3-A with Mangler is just better, and was lined up better. We began to joust, he decided it was a bad idea, and tried to run. I just followed behind and finished it.

Shea had shown up and played the father. I don't know how that went, but I think he wanted to try his hand at my "awesome" flying ability. He was running a TIE swarm of like 5 or 6 plus Howlrunner. Before we even started, I knew I wasn't going to win without some super luck. I don't have the shots to take out a swarm. I do have the experience to level things, though. First up, Howlrunner. Easy peezy. Next, its just who can kill the most first. If I lose ships, I lose firepower. If he loses ships, he still has firepower. As it was, I lost faster. In the end, he won.

After that I played Shea in AoS, but it was weeks ago, I don't remember the specifics. I think the Necrosphinx happened and I won. 'nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment