Saturday, January 12, 2019

Quick KeyForge synopsis


At this point, I'm going to assume any imaginary readers I had have longs since gone away. I'm not going to make any claims about the future, but a few things have happened. First off, I have been able to rekindle my love for Malifaux. Then I played the same guy who broke it. And lost, which was marginally better. How often can you say that. Soon after, I dug in heavy into the M3E play test, which has seen me play several games, including writing lengthy reports, but all behind closed doors. I also got my sons into it a little(they both have crews). Dylan even participated in the same tournament(thank goodness I drew that guy and not him), and took best Sportsman. Who says the apple doesn't fall far from the tree? That one was launched! Now that the beta is opened, I hope to post more. It may even happen, as I have also started a writing class, and have to write 15 minutes each day, which is why we are here. I won't be talking M3E yet, though. Instead I wanna quick drop about a new game I started last Tuesday called KeyForge.
KeyForge is a unique card game, in that decks are fixed. There is no building involved, but each deck is unique. I find the concept kind of odd, but I can roll with it. However, there is an itch to build, but we will see where that goes. So far I have played half a dozen or so games, and it seems alright. My deck include the three house Logos, Sanctum, and Untamed. All my games seem to lean heavily on the Sanctum creatures. The deck is low on rare cards(just 1), doesn't seem to carry those over the top pow cards, and seems difficult to beat. As I only have 1 deck, I can only go off of what I have and the 3 different players/decks I have faced, plus the 3 more decks I have seen. Steady seems to win the game, and that is what I bring... I guess.
Overall, the game seems solid, and my sons are at least mildly interested. We just finished a trip to a friends house, where we played a psuedo tournament, which I won. I also played down 5 chain versus Dylan, and it was close. My final game was a little landslidey, I think largely due to some off drawing post turn 1.
Definitely something I will be playing more off.
I have a less-in-depth-than-full-beta battle report that I want to throw up, and days of writing to fill, so that could be expected soon, if anyone is around to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment