Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Growing League

So, its been a couple weeks since my last post, and let me tell you things have changed. OK, thats a lie, I'm ranked last. Finished the first tournament last Saturday, came in 8th.... of 8. That was a wopping 1 point, but I did get 3 points for painting(thats max), though it wasn't hard. A point for primed, a point for 3 colors, and a point for based. I was the only one with a finished army, and got kudos for that, but not much else. I also caught flak for my stellar record. Afterwards, I was able to get my week 3 games in, which bumped up to 1250.

The scenario was the pass one. Short table edges, walking the whole way, I got this. I built my army around my casket and screamin skull. With out thinking I deployed them opposite corners, leaving my casket alone, with everything on the other side near the SSC behind a huge LoS blocking terrain piece. The plan was to stay out of the range of my empire opponent, and use the longer range of the SSC to pummel 'em, while the Casket's infinite range to punish him if he failed to recognise my magic phase. Several issues arose. First, he was dwarves, out of the gate he used a rune to cancel my Casket's light... for the game. Hmmmm... Well, that left my Heirophant useless, and then soon after, she was dead. That crumbled my carrion, and left me hamstrung. My King kept the remainder of my army together. I was then able to use my bows and light horse to lurer his dwarves forward, and also forced him to move some of his artillery. In the end, I did a bit of damage, but not enough, and pulled another loss. After this game, I decided I needed to not try gimmicky lists to use the scenario, so for the next game I redid my list, back to an all comers.
This is the list I used against the Lizardmen player. Blam, another loss. BUT I think this game went a lot better, and I feel more confident about this list for next week. Though, I did drop the chariots for Ushabti, I just can't use them effectively. The plan is to screen my 2 archers units behind my Ushabti, using the no negs shooting to use the Ushabti as cover, then just back off as they advance. Its a strategy that has been going pretty well for me, we'll see. I also have two scorps and a pair of swarms to threaten the enemies back line. I just hope they stop misfiring, I had 3 misfires in my first 2 1250 games *sigh*
Just waiting for 1750, Khalida all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment