Saturday, December 25, 2010

Beginning the road to GenghisCon

Well, with league now over, and the year drawing to a close, its time to start really thinking about GhengisCon. For the next month and a half its going to be painting, building, testing, and gearing up for the event. Honestly, the whole league was practice for it, but now its only Genghis. I have plenty to do, and not a lot of time to do it in.

For my Tomb Kings, I have most everything painted and ready. The League put me in good standing here. I even redid my display board, and while I may repaint the pylon, and spruce it up, it is not a high priority. The main thing is play, play, play. I need to test my army, get it in prime condition, and run it like second nature.
My Chaos Space Marines are another story. With all the work going into my Tomb Kings, my Chaos hasn't seen much progress. I have started back in on my Rhinos, and am already well into the gold. I need to finish the shoulder pads of all the squads, and begin highlighting. I have to finish the skin on my Daemon Prince, highlight his gold, and do his shoulder pads. Depending on how play testing goes, I will have the paint the 6 Flamers I have, and possabley an additional 3. I am dropping the Dread and the Defiler, and bringing in the afore mentioned Daemons and a couple more Obliterators, which will need converted and painted. I plan to do a lot of the painting on the now 4 Obliterators and the X Flamers at the (hopefully) upcoming Iron Man Paint Competition. This will only give me 10 to 13 models, but I plan to paint them to high quality and go for best painted. My CSMs are much more straight forward to play, and should be easy to get through testing and practice. Also, I am pretty sure I will be able to find more 40K games with the rampant WFB burn out. My new list uses Bolt of Change and Obliterators for anti-mech, meaning almost every squad has the abailty to take out a vehicle, even if slight. It also has the advatage of not having to worry as much about Melta, as most Melta shots will only take out a single dude, and thats with an invul save. It will however leave my Rhinos as the only anti-mech target. Once they are gone, this army is kinda slow, relying on Deep Striking to get there. I think as an Achilles Heel, its a lot better than the army I tok to Tacticon, with its fun spell to make spawn, and its super weakness versus armour. I also think(hope?) my tactical experience is better, and I hope not to get to tied up in the moment. On the roll dice and tie, I will likely go for tie. Kill points will hopefully again be my strong mission, while the multi-objective mission will be easier with an extra troop, but still tough if I draw the wrong opponent. What I am really hoping for is not all Space Marines. Just have to wait and see, but I am going to do more than wait.
CW, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment