Saturday, December 25, 2010

In th end...

Well, the slow grow league is ended. I managed to finish in the top 5. Thats not saying much though, started with 8 players, 2 dropped, and the other is not playing an army suited to him. He may not be playing a system suited to him. The real highlight was the final tournament, in which I finished third. I played the first place player in the final round, and lost, but since it was battle points, and I didn't get all of my bonus points in the second round, I was bumped to third by a player I beat. I enjoyed the whole experience, it really helped me to get my head around 8th and my army. I also now have a completely painted army and then some. The elements I had previously are all painted, including my priestess, a scorpion, and 2 swarms, plus the elements I added, like the (much) larger unit of bowmen, and I fleshed out my Tomb Guard. My list is now ready for a tournament, though dropping back to 2250 is somewhat problematic, and I am having trouble sticking it in and keeping the flow. Mainly in the Heroes section. I'm back in a position where I don't have any real anti-magic boost, but also don't see how to get that and keep my own magic superiority. My current list is going to take a bit of play testing to get up to snuff. Unfortunately, I think most of the other players are a little burnt out on Fantasy.
Only time will tell....
In the grim darkness of the far, far future....
Oops

No comments:

Post a Comment