Saturday, March 31, 2012

State of the 'faux


Another Saturday down, another three awesome games of Malifaux. The league is definitely working, as I can spend an entire Saturday playing nonstop Malifaux.


Game one was a rematch versus Mica. I ran 4 SPAs, Bette, and a Canine. She ran Pandora, Teddy, Kade, Insidious Madness, and 2 Sorrows. We had shared Destroy the Evidence, I took Assassinate and Stake a Claim. She had Spread the Madness and Breakthrough. I was able to use Bette out of Engine to take the middle objective. I spent the mid game hunting models, finally bringing down Pandora. In the end it was Bette guarding my zone from Kade. At the last instant, Leveticus managed to pop out of a Waife to get Stake a Claim. I never managed to get my evidence, but got both my schemes for five. Mica got three for the strategy.

Game two was versus Troy. He played Dreamer, Daydreams, and a pair of Teddies. I ran Bette, SPAs, and Canine, basically same list. This was Supply Wagon. I took Kill Protege on a Teddy and Eye for an Eye. He took Kidnap on the SPAs of course and Hold Out. I tore into him pretty good, Bette bombing a Teddy and having her stick around to kill the other. I never brought out a second Waife and in the end I kinda sacced Leveticus out of noncaring. Bette was able to charge, damage, and block his wagon while Leveticus died, leaving Chompy free to whack my wagon, costing me a point. With Bette and Chompy the only significant models on the board, I got Eye for an Eye and both Teddies were dead. I didn't protect my wagon though and only score seven points, putting Troy ahead of me in the league. I held Troy to five though, so of was still a win over Chompy, and I will take it!

The last game was against Shaffer. I changed the list up, going back to the list I started the league with. Rusty, Bette, a Belle, and a Canine Remains. He was playing the Rasputina box. I knew going in that the Bette bomb would be far more effective, it also wouldn't be much fun for either of us, so I took a less rush forward crew. And the I screwed up....hard. Rasputina and Sonnia always somehow surprise me with Blasts. You would think after getting ass beat so often, I would learn, but nope. I had a Waife in hard cover behind a Teepee, another completely behind it, and Leveticus a little ways back. Leve had activated, but hadn't died, ending up with four wounds, but Alyce was going to finish him off. Well, Raspy targets the Belle she can see, and gets it off with a stone. Fair enough, 'cept I flipped a Black Joker to resist. CRAP! He has a positive flip and gets severe. CRAP! It blasts the other Waife killing her, and the second blast lands on Leveticus killing him. CRAP! I start to pull everything thing, but remember my stones and damage prevent on Leveticus, he lives, but one wound. And I'm not out of the woods yet, Raspy still has one spell, and I need my last stone to prevent Leveticus's end of round wound. He flips for casting and gets the Black Joker, then stones hoping for a ten or better but only flips a seven. Thank you, Malifaux Jesus. So, the next turn is recovery and better Waife placement. I also finish Leveticus so that Rasputina can't blast the Waifes off him. See, I can be taught, barely. So, now I spend the next turn in recovery mode, I manage to lock up Rasputina with a SPA and later Bette, just slowing down her shooting. The Waifes start following the right side of the board, getting Leveticus and Bette into his zone for Turf War, no longer wishing to chance Rasputina's wrath. Alyce gets Ice Mirrored, giving me frame for murder. I get Breakthrough and full strategy points. On six, he had two from the strategy and two from breakthrough. I used Death's Lessons to look at my cards for end game, I had two low and a twelve. I decided to go with the twelve, as with me having full already, and another turn unable to stop that, letting him get a full eight was cool by me. All in all an awesome game, the blast thing scared me, I really need to remember it. Super quick, too. I don't know what it is about playing Shaffer, but we can turn a game. This one only took half an hour!

Another great weekend. Tomorrow I'm not even going to TEG to play Malifaux, I'm going to catch some movies instead. Getting a ton of games every weekend is fantastic. Next Saturday is the tournament, I hope there is a good turn out. I also hope to win some stuff. And that they have a Jack Daw for me to snag. I'm also a bit nervous, as I'm not sure I will do on some of the possible strategies, specifically Reconnoiter. So, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment