Thursday, April 26, 2012

Overpriced Eldar


Everyone says that the Eldar are too over priced for the current environment. I think the models are over priced for my current pocket book.

The current thought:
After listening to the Eleventh Company talk about kill point denial list, I got to thinking about the four kill point Drago list. At some point I got to thinking about Eldar. I think it stems from me thinking, first about moving to four Guardian jetbike squads in the team list. The idea being that I always have another unit to jump in. Then I got to thinking, what if I had a twelve man unit instead. Suddenly, I'm moving from easy, but fast kills, to a semi tough unit that doesn't go down as easy. Suddenly, I'm looking at kill point denial with Eldar Jetbikes. Is it possible? I plan on testing a 1500 pt list(actually 1390) as a proof of concept. Filling 2K will be tough, but I'm looking at an Autarch, Farseer, 10 Warlocks, and 3 12 man squads of guardians with Warlocks all on jetbikes. Which means I will need ~28 more jetbikes. Cha CHING! Would set me up nice for iron man painting though ;-)
My test list will be the Autarch, Farseer, smaller Warlock squad, two guardian squads. Hopefully, I will be able to give an update next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment