Sunday, April 29, 2012

State of the 'faux


I managed to get two games in against Troy this weekend. Everybody else seems to be to scared to face us I guess. Or playing us just sucks. League is starting to die I think, players just keep dropping off. Anyway, ON TO THE GAMES!

Game one was, like I said, versus Troy's Dreamer list. Two stitched, twins, and three day dreams. His cards were pretty bad. The only thing worse then his cards were mine. I flipped Contain Power, normally a favourite of mine, but against the Dreamer, I wasn't so sure. So, I spent my stone and promptly flipped Reconnoitre, I would rather have had Contain Power. I still have no idea how to do this strategy. I took Leveticus, Molly, four SPAs, a Belle and a canine. The game did not go well. I was wiped from the board, not a good thing on recon. It came out to an 8-2 lose for me. My hand was atrocious, all they way up until it no longer mattered, then it was fantastic. I couldn't do ANYTHING. I placed Molly off to one side, which left her pretty useless, planning to use her to take that corner. I just couldn't get anything done. Two of the turns, I couldn't even get Leveticus killed. Yeah, a rough game.


Game two was much better. This one was Claim Jump(me) versus Supply Wagon. I was running Rusty Alyce, two SPAs, Canine, Bette and five stones. A fair few stones for me, but I wanted to have some safety net versus what happened during the last game. It turned out terribly useful, as I was far too aggressive on my first turn. I pushed everything forward up the right side(diagonal deployment) and set my self up for Chompy to swoop in and make a mess turn two. However, between my stones and Black Jokers on Chompy's damage(happened FIVE times, two in the first, three in the second game) I didn't have to pay for it. This game was much more about me picking apart his crew. In the end, he had Chompy and a wounded supply wagon, which didn't quite make it(Bette blocked it at the last, but couldn't do more than three damage in a hit). I ended up getting Leveticus and Bette in the three inches for claim jump versus just Chompy, giving me full points. Bette was definitely my star this game, popping out of poisoned and slain SPAs to kill all kinds of things. I also took Hold Out and Kill Protégé Lelu, getting both. My cards weren't terribly strong, but they didn't desert me either(Though drawing 8 cards(Alyce) and discarding the lowest two and still having the highest be only a 9 was close).

I could have gotten a third game versus Nate and his Lillith box, but I ended up pushing that onto Troy, I was just a bit wiped, and trying to get my Eldar jetbikes finished. Actually succeeded for the most part. My team list is done, except finishing the Farseer's banner, complete with some new brocade from the class, and possibly stripping and repainting the two canopies I used for tests.
Another week down, and back to work tomorrow, but I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment