Sunday, April 22, 2012

State of the 'faux


So, a little slow putting this up, but here it is. I managed to get in three games this weekend(well, two and a half).

Game one was against James and his Lady J crew. This was supposed to be a help game, but I'm not sure how well I helped. He took Lady J, Lucius, Executioner, Death Marshall, and Nino. For strategy, we flipped Supply Wagon. He no likey, reflip, Slaughter. I should have spent my stone. I "helped" pick schemes, suggesting Hold Out, as I am slow and have no reason to go over there, and Lady J's specific scheme(didn't really read it, very bad choice). I took Leveticus, Molly, Belle, Canine, Rusty Alyce. Yep, you added right, 7 soulstone pool. The worst part, I added the Belle, thinking I didn't have enough points for something more useful. Didn't even realise my pool size till mid first turn. Unacceptable! At least that was the last tactical mistake I made. HA! Anyway, he slingshot Lady J up, I was able to make her Fall Back, putting her on my board edge. Followed that up with another hit from Molly, this time paralyze. Killed her later. Lucius gives some awesome, but he can cause the same problem the Viks have. To far out, completely unsupported. He brought the Executioner up turn two, but with Lady J out of it, I could direct my attacks at him. Of course the belle was too close and I had to kill him twice. Molly got blasted hard, but managed to hold her at one wound. Couldn't keep it though, she eventually died. I also managed to not die on two separate turns, awesome. They cost me hard. In the end, I spent to much time on Lucius and should have targeted Nino instead, so, I lost Slaughter, but killed Lady J. He got three points, just missing 1.5 times points. He finished with 5, 3 to myself.


Game two was against Nabors. He brought his Von Schill box with another Librarian. I brought the DE/Bette bomb. It was Treasure Hunt(him) versus Escape and Survive(me). I found out today I have been playing Escape and Survive wrong. insignificant models do count. I suck. Anyway, I say he was talking smack earlier, they said no, but I played that way anyway. Besides, he always robs me of victory. This time he almost did it again. I got Escape(the wrong way) easy enough, but Von Schill is just fast like a freak, even carrying the dang treasure. I eventually was able to pin him behind a building and finish him of, but easy it was NOT.

Game three was against Nate, with his Lillith box versus my Viks box. I ran Bishop screaming forward, used his trigger wrong, did next to nothing got eaten, and the Lillith ate him. I baited with Taelor, the Mature Nephilim took it, then became Viktoria fodder. Yum, Yum. Then it basically end, cause it was Deathwatch time. Felt kinda bad about cutting it short, but was Deathwatch, I mean, come on!

It was definitely what I needed following last week, and for some bit the week before. A great weekend, looking forward to the coming one. Hope to get a game with Nate to finish that up, and to get one with Shaffer to give him one for the league teir. And of course to just get games. And maybe even get in a game of 40K, with Eldar. Yeah, some please stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment