Tuesday, May 15, 2012

State of the 'faux


See, I told you it looked better. The picture itself is pretty awesome, if I say so myself. The games were awesome as well. A resounding defeat and a resounding win, though the win was a lot closer than the scores say.



Game one was versus Nabors with my Viks leading his Von Schill crew. Holy crap, that is brutal. I have played Viks/Von Schill before, specifically Vince in the final round at the Gryphon tournament. I know they work well together, but holy crap! Every time I play Nabors, I really get the feeling he may have found his game. I think he likes it well enough, but he is pretty good at it.


Game two was versus Shaffer. On this one I went for it all, and took two swarms for Escape and Survive. A dirty trick and the ONLY reason I won the game. We picked apart each others crew, and I think if he was more experienced, it would have been him picking apart my crew. He kinda fed me his Gamin. Beyond that it was mostly him killing my stuff and me doing a little damage back. I spent most of the game sniping his ice mirror models out in front, taking down the fortress bit by bit. He took out my everything except the two swarms, Leveticus, and his Waifes. I inadvertently sacrificed one swarm to kill his silent one, though the plan was to disrupt magic, but I thought she had more than one wound, wacked her, and she killed it with shatter.

Leveticus was able to remove Snow Storm, leaving just Rasputina and the Essence of Power. At which point he pulled way back. He could have killed the last swarm, and knocked me way down in points, but he didn't bother with taking my points, and I had no use for risking it to take his. I split the swarm and waited it out.
I think, had he used the essence of power to white out to begin every turn, I don't think I would have been as able to get his crew. Even a gamin on the edge with soft cover would be a pain.
We have Dark Heresy this Saturday, but I am still hoping to get a rematch, a few games under his belt might not do me some good.

I started the league hoping to get some good opponents to play often, and I may have over succeeded.

No comments:

Post a Comment