Thursday, May 24, 2012

State of the 'faux


I have been kinda hankering to throw down some Viks, and with the unlimited pool, I opened up masters as well(mainly, the only person it hurts is James with his guild. Most players only are using one master anyway. And it means I can use whatever, too ;-) This meant I could run the Viks, WOO!



So, game one, I of course took Leveticus. What? Don't try to understand me. We drew shared Plant the Evidence. James chose Guild. Yeah, a prime Viks strategy and a prime Viks opponent, and I chose Leveticus, I told you, don't even try to understand. Anyway, I took the Bette Bomb, Leveticus, 4 SPAs, Bette, Hooded Rider, and Canine remains. He took Perdita, Abuela, Santiago, Nino, Fransisco, and an Austringer. I had Grudge Austringer and Kill Protege Santiago. He took Hold Out and Stake a Claim.
He companioned on the first turn, which meant that it was easy for me to out activate him. James has seen the bomb, and I told him it was coming, but he still kinda set himself up for it. He circled off Perdita, which I think is a throw back to Lady J. I haven't faced Perdita much, but I think her crew needs to stick together, so they can use family to get that critical strike off. As it was, he moved the rest of his crew up, likely looking to get me in range. I think waiting for me to come to him would have been a better plan. I sink around, burning activations, until he is out, then I throw the bomb, killing Francisco and Bette smacks into Nino, forgetting to flurry, but paralyzing him instead. Turn ends, I have the rider in striking distance and both Bette and the Engine in his face. He needs initiative, and gets it. Unfortunately, Nino fails to be in range to link Santiago to the Austringer. He does companion Nino and the Austringer, ridding Nino of paralyze, and the Austringer gets me to put away Bette. Santiago goes down next and the Austringer soon after. I clean up Abuela and his corner is mine.


The rest is Leveticus trying to smack Perdita down. She manages to get her evidence planted, giving him four for the strategy. I killed all I needed to, giving me a full eight. I enjoyed the game, not sure how James felt, I learned a couple things about Perdita, I hope he did, too. He didn't use Obey all game and sent Perdita off on her own. I think that, while she can handle being on her own, Perdita's crew tends to work better with her help. As a Guild player, James has difficulty of having to know several masters to be ready for any opponent, while I only have to really know one master. But having a tool for everyone never hurts, and most all of his models works with any of his masters.



Game two was against Troy, and he tricked me. Flipped shared Plant Evidence, again. He is taking Lillith, and says he doesn't want to face Leveticus, so I take the Viks. And the bastard takes two sets of twins, what a hoe. He also had an Insidious Madness. I took the Viks, three Ronin, Miss Demeanor, and Taelor. Schemes were Breakthrough and Stake a Claim for me, and Grudge Miss Demeanor and a Mother's Love for him. My crew was perfect for the scheme. I used the Viks and Taelor to go up the center to distract, while the Ronin did it to it. Miss Demeanor went up the middle due to some help. However, he killed her with Lillith, breaking Grudge. Muahaha. Taelor and the Viks moved in killing one set of twins, but the second set was just to much. The rest of the game was me moving to get my strategy and him pulling me back and eating a model. Oh, and Insidious Madness not being insignificant was a pain. In the end I was wiped off the table, only having scored one evidence, and him getting everything save grudge.
Good game, but damn the twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment