Monday, November 12, 2012

TMI: And so it ends?

WOW! Two weeks in a row, surely not. Nope, it's true. Not only that, but pictures, too.

My first game was against James's Colette crew. I have notoriously had trouble with Colette with Leveticus, she just gives me the run around all game, but James clipped Black Joker for strategy, and how could I resist? I took Leveticus and gave him Contain Power. I had Turf War, a tough one, but I shouldn't have to hunt Colette's crew. Then he decided soul stone his strategy. I explained he had to do that earlier, but let him. Of course he also flips Turf War. Ah well, I stuck with my crew anyway. He had a Coryphee duet, Cassandra, and a Performer with Mannequin. He took Breakthrough and Bodyguard. I had a canine, four SPAs, a belle, and Bette. I took Kill Protege and Exterminate Construct . He took out my SPAs early and was able to keep me from finishing off Cassandra by using her use soulstones to out do Leveticus's attacks with ease. I should have had the SPA drop a corpse, giving me at least a Waife first turn. I didn't accomplish a thing turn one. Turn two, however, I managed to kill the Coryphee duet. I also managed to kill the Mannequin and Performer. This gave me Exterminate. Of course I brought up Doves, which are constructs, which he began to summon, which cost me Exterminate. I was also never able to pin down Cassandra. I did, however, get a Desolation Engine summoned and put enough models in his zone to tie number in zone and win on number in half, giving me three points. He got two for strat and both his schemes. Colette is such a bitch.

Game two was versus Tom. He played Perdita, I chose to try out Mei Fang again. We each flipped Reconnoitre. I took Mei Fang, Kang, the Emberling, three Rail Workers, and an Arachnid. He took Perdita, Francisco, Pale Rider, and a pair of Witchling Stalkers. I have no idea how to play Mei Fang. Building her hand seems almost impossible in less than three turns. I couldn't draw high masks to save my soul. So, I would cheat low with a mask and hope to get high with a stone and flub. Mei Fang survived into turn three, but was in the middle of everything, and so... Kang also went down to combined fire, but did more and took longer. You really have to watch where your opponent is at to make sure you are getting your heal up at the right time. The Pale Rider's height hurt, as he can see over the platform on my sewer board. In the end, I basically lost everything and got nothing. I took Hold Out, planning to hide it for a point, but threw it out when I showed schemes *sigh*. I think(beyond my personal suckage) I was on the back foot from the start, having to come clear across the table, right into all that shooting. In the end, it was another bad loss. I think, with Leveticus I could have done much better. Maybe leaving Outcasts is not the way for me to go.

Alright, enough losing, on to Infinity. Was that foreshadowing? Perhaps. I only played one game this week of Infinity, and that was versus Shaffer and his bike Yu Jing. To even things out I went ahead and scattered one of my net rods of the board. Or something like that. We were using the YAMS. He won first turn. He decided to take out my Netrods first(could idea) and so started his bikes split. He went at the one guarded by the TAG with one bike, ignoring the TAG for the rod. He got the rod, but the next action saw his bike removed by explosive ammo. The other bike threatened my opposite side. On my turn, I moved the Dakini up to threaten his bike and lay down suppression fire. On the opposite side, my Marut moved towards his position. With my orders down to four, my ability to move was hampered to say the least. His turn two, in comes his Combat Jump Tiger Warrior bastard, killing my last Netrod and showing up behind my Dakini. He chose to move the bike, which was fortunate for me, as that meant I could use my Suppression Fire, and killed it. Then when he moved up the Tiger Warrior, I was able to turn and focus on him with my Dakini. Both flubbed, but I later removed the model. Now I was down to three orders, but so was he. The last turns were mop up, one way or the other. I think the Dakini survived. I know the TAG finished off his LT on the last turn. In the end, I managed to score all of my objectives and had one showing for four points. He didn't have any showing, and didn't show at the end, but I think he grabbed one point. I had a picture of the end stand between the LT and my TAG(staged as I forgot to take one), but of course it was corrupted. I also setup a game versus Nabors, but was called away right after deployment, leaving that game 1-0 to me. What? Oh, I'm taking it!
In related news, it looks like Nate is postponing/killing the league due to a work conflict he has, since he won't be able to make it all day. So, whatever my final scores were, it no longer matters. This likely means back to more Malifaux, less Infinity, and if I can ever figure out Chaos, some 40K. 40K just takes so long though.

Catch you all later!

No comments:

Post a Comment