Sunday, December 23, 2012

TMI: Malifaux Double Header



Another week, another double header. This time I went double Ramos, as I am really trying to give him a try and get him worked out. I am still heavily dependant on that first draw, but can do a bit better if I don't get it. I also ran a less construct more living crew, and found a bit of success with it.

Game one was versus Tom with his new Seamus crew. He had Seamus and his Avatar, three Belles, Molly, and Sybelle. I ran Ramos and his Avatar, Johan, Kang, Miss Demeanor, Large Steampunk Arachnid, and a Steampunk Arachnid. I had Turf War and he had Recon. I drew the handed I needed, and used the small spider to bring out another small spider and the electrical creation turn one. I also didn't feel I needed to Avatar right away, and so was even able to get my eight wounds with electrical fire on a Belle who moved a bit to close. My MVP this game was the small spider that ran into the middle of his crew and use Disruption Field, basically shutting down Lure among other things. Partly my win was due to Tom's lack of respect for Seamus, having listened to all the hype about him and Molly being less than stellar and taking it as gospel. He did manifest, but by the time his Anathema began to cause aRamos to run, I was behind him and ended up running towards his board edge, where I wanted to be anyway. I think it would have been a closer game, but he decided he couldn't win and was throwing me models and purposefully cheating down flips. Ah, well, onto he "better" master.



Game two was also against Tom, but this time with Kirai. I dropped Johan and picked up a Soulstone Miner. He had a Shikome, Datse'ba, a bunch of other spirits... I flipped Black Joker for strategy, he flipped Claim Jump. I suggested that this would be the perfect time to make me have Claim Jump and run aSeamus. He went with the Claim Jump part anyway. I didn't get the hand I wanted to start this game, and spent a good part of the game looking for it. I used a low tome and stoned up to get my spider, but had to spend three actions trying to get Electrical Creation off. I think a good part of my difficulty with Ramos is in the fact that if I don't get the two summoned easily turn one, I am behind the game for the rest of it. I still managed to Avatar, but without the second requirement. I did have the scrap on him this game, but of course most of Kirai's crew ignores armour. I took 1 AP charges instead, which was useful. I think I need to ignore her crew and focus on Kirai, because doing it the other way isn't working. I feel I should explain the miner, as it is a model I have been less than happy with. A miner can kill a Seishin(in theory)in a single hit. So, a miner with melee master in a group of Seishin with a hand of crows can get four soulstones. In theory. Of, course the turn I get the miner into position there are only two Seishin to kill. And one of the is invincible. It was sad, so very sad. And I should have killed the one, double wiffed then reburrowed, but by go he was gonna survive three hits, not just two. So, my 6 point miner netted me one stone. Now that's returns! I feel I piece mealed my crew, but that might just be Kirai's crews movement. I got tabled again. The last turn was me pushing Kang forward after he was brought to one wound on turn six, then fully healed. I won initiative, I had high rams in my hand, and I can smack them for failing to hit me with disengaging strikes. Or I could just magically fail everything, with him just flat stomping my cards off of top deck. Hell, I practically helped him kill me with the crap that was coming up. It was AWESOME! Or not. I managed to get my Kill Protege, he of course got Claim Jump and Kill Protege on Kang and his Hold Out while breaking mine.

My plans seem sound, they just suffer from early self combustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment