Friday, January 25, 2013

TMI: Gets Lynched

I snagged a couple games against Tom this weekend, both versus his Jakob Lynch crew. Then I finished up with an almost game of 40K versus Shane.

Game one versus Tom was him flipping red joker and taking slaughter versus me flipping escape and survive. Uh-oh, I already am sitting pretty. I took Izamu, a canine, and two swarms. Yep, I am THAT dirty. He took Jakob, deployed huggy, two beckoners, two torakage, and Ototo. My swarms split to either side and Izamu charged up the center. He took the bait and spent three turns trying to take down Izamu. He, of course, succeeded, but by that time, I was already far out to the sides, and still have Leve to be a pest that needed dealt with. In the end, he just couldn't get my swarms, I held him way down on points, so he only got two for slaughter, and I got hidden hold out and soulless life, giving my an untouchable seven points. Great game, I don't think slaughter was a good choice, and he also said as much. Movement and distraction are Jakob's strengths, not killing, no matter how hard Huggy and Ototo hit.

Game two was once again versus Jakob, but this time he dropped a beckoner and a torakage to pick up a ten thunders archer. I threw down some crazy with the Viks. I took my standard crew, Taelor, Miss Demeanor, and three Ronin. I had Destroy the Evidence and he had Claim Jump. I blew this game early by charging through huggy at Lynch with the Viks, and proceeded to make his day horrible. By horrible I mean I made his sides hurt from laughing so hard at the fact that I couldn't stone higher than a three. I even took an ace of masks over a nine of something for the whirlwind trigger and stoned an ace of crows. He still had to cheat to beat it, but with like a four. This left my Viks in the middle of his crew with very little stones(which didn't improve their flipping) and I will leave the rest to your imagination. It was gruesome. Its ok, I still have the rest of my crew, this is a good strategy for me, I'm fine. I charged Taelor into the middle, locking his Beckoner, Archer, and Torakage in combat, shutting down shooting. Taelors tough, she can hang, my Ronin can do the work. Ototo moved in and proceeded to not flip worse than moderate on several negative flips. Bye, Taelor. Miss Demeanor gets into it with Lynch, does some, but mostly just dies. The Ronin, however, were on top of it. They killed, they destroyed evidence, they did it all. I should have just used them. I even managed to take him down to Ototo and Lynch. Ototo spent a good part of the game at one wound, but I just couldn't close the deal. In the end, I got two points for the marker in his zone, missed one of the others, two points for Breakthrough, and didn't get Kill Protege on Ototo. He snagged full points for Claim Jump, Ototo didn't die, and my Viks did, so no Frame for Murder, and he was a ways back from his Stake a Claim, so no points there. A 4:4 tie from a game that didn't start terribly well for me. I think he started to pull back after he wasted my Viks, not realising that I was still very much in it, and I knew it. By the time he put the pressure on, it was too late. Just goes to show, I never give up and never surrender. And I'm also a tenacious bitch.

Game 3ish was versus Shane. Shane is preparing for Genghis, so I offered to play him a game. We had about an hour and a half. Not enough time to get a full game, but the short time should help, as I see that as his biggest problem right now. He may be able to pull wins, but he doesn't do it quickly enough. And he definitely didn't do it here. I got two turns, he only got one. A break down of what happened wouldn't really do anything, so I think I will just throw down a couple thoughts on the game. He doesn't know his army well enough. This is the main reason he just isn't fast enough. He spends too much time trying to think what a unit does, then where it is going to do it. He forgot a tank when he was deploying. Not really a problem, but something that shouldn't happen in a tourney. I am going to seriously suggest some sort of try or board for him to put his army on. Focus fire would probably help as well. He was spread out pretty well, and I could single out each flank and planned to roll up each side, one side Hellions, the other Seer Council. Not a good place for IG. He almost relies to much on his Vendettas. They seem to be what his army is, and he takes a turn of pummeling waiting for them. The remainder of his army is just chaffe that gets swept aside. I'm not sure he has the time to get in the games he needs. He won't win, but I would like to see him at the mid tables. I will help as I can.

I also have to try and nail Shaffer down for a few games of Malifaux. He is going to have similar problems to Shane. Mostly, both need to learn their forces. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

2 comments:

  1. I need to play against you so I can learn my army better. I'm going into Genghis blind so to speak. I actually haven't played any real games with my list. Obviously I know how to play 40k, but it will be interesting to see if I can pull a win out.

    -Colin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. I want to try out a new CSM Night Lords list, as long as you don't mind proxies. And I always have my Eldar list and am willing to throw down. Or at least zip around like fairies.

      Delete