Monday, February 11, 2013

TMI: Iron Man Painting

In the early dawn hours, Leveticus moved his troops into position, staring down the long dusty street at Misaki and her upstart gang.

I only played one game this weekend, due to Iron Man painting and family stuffs. My game was against Tom, and we met a little after 10:00. Early for even me, but I was up for it. I had painting to do.
We played the new Gaining Grounds strategies, I flipped Beatdown(new slaughter) and he had A line in the Sand. I took Kill Protege and Assassinate, planning to just go straight killy. He took Kill Protege and Hold Out. I took Leveticus, Izamu(KP), Bette, 2 Crooligans, and a Canine. He ran Misaki, Yamaziko, Ototo(KP), 2 Torakage, and a Ten Thunders Archer. We deployed in corners, and I used From the Shadows to place the Crooligans a little forward and a little closer to his dynamite. I Misted and the moved the Crooligans out along the flanks to block his outside markers. Though it only really came into play once towards the end of the game, these guys are great anti-dynamite models. They move completely onto a marker, drop Mist, have 7 Df, can't be shot, and can't be charged. A mask to make them spirit and they should be hard to move. The rest of my crew followed Izamu up the center. He also moved up the center. I then killed my dog for the waife and to bring out bette, who used depraved tactics to get severe spines, which I never get to use as I never fight living crews. I love you Ten Thunders. She then charged into Ototo and hit him, doing some damage, but giving him Paralysed. Turn two, I won initiative, and did the same thing to Yamaziko. Misaki moved in, and made me put Bette away. He had put a Torakage up on the marker on the roof and used him to light the dynamite. I turned him into a SPA, then tried to unlight the marker, which is cheating, and Tom caught me. I had forgotten the insignificant part. About this time I moved my Crooligans into position. Izamu ran up the middle, Yamaziko died. Then Izamu died. I killed Ototo and brought Bette out of his stinking remains. That was a mistake. I had failed to remember the Ten Thunders Archer, which promptly shot Bette and killed her. I was lucky to top deck a 13, saving Bette. The original plan was to jump off the roof with the SPA, killing it, from which out would pop Bette. This is exactly what I did the next turn, after Misaki charged into Leveticus. Bette killed her, giving me both of my schemes. I had already nabbed 3 for beatdown, so I was sitting pretty smooth. Tom hadn't earned any for A line in the Sand, so it was all win. The rest of the game was Tom saying screw it and all but saccing his archer, giving me my 8th VP, and then bury/destroying his Torakage. I enjoyed the game, I don't think Tom did. I'm not sure he will pull Misaki out again, though I think he should. One game is not really a good test of any model.

After that, I dived right into painting. I had just received my Wicked Dolls, and with their brighter paint scheme, they were up first. I managed to get my basic colors chosen, then I was off to get my sons. With Aidan at a birthday party, Dylan came with me to paint his Wood Elves. I even took an awesome picture of him, Nabors, and Patrick(in exile) painting. Of course, the picture has been corrupted... Awesome! He painted up one of his guys and started into a sprite before a false alarm had me zooming back to the birthday party. After getting the boys to bed I came back and finished painting the clothe and straw for my dolls, taking a small break to smash Nabors at Space Hulk. A lot of fun, I wish I could have stayed longer, but with the kids home, I was to busy on Sunday to return. I have heard that the painting continued until 1:00 the following afternoon. Way to go guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment