Sunday, March 10, 2013

TMI: All fOr Nothing

IMAG0712
Only managed to get in one game yesterday, and it wasn't Malifaux.
*gasp* *scream* *faint*

It was Warmachine. Yep, I have fallen into that dark whole of tasteless games. Either that, or my play time was extremely short and I wanted to get in my second game for league points. Or point rather. I played James. He brought an Epic Satyxis chick, and named Hell Jack, and a unit of Bane Thralls. Yeah, your impressed I remembered the name of one out of three units. I took High Kreoss, a full squad of Incenerators, a Revenger, and the big dude with the mace. This mission was each had a flag and a circle in the middle. Yadda yadda, its all about killing the caster, so who cares? I used the flags free charge to get into his Helljack turn two, not realising that was dumb. Did jack to his jack. He killed my heavy jack. I had used knock-down, and forgot the auto hits and everything. His turn also included the thralls moving into my incinerators so they couldn't charge. My turn I forgot what my incinerators did, did do any of the splash damage, which would have helped. I also moved Kreoss forward after he cast through the Revenger, which was dumb, cause if the Revenger succeeded, game over, if he didn't it put Kreoss in line with the Hell Jack. The Revenger charged into after Kreoss softened his caster up mildly, and hit her a few times, and left her in bad shape with just four wounds. I then tried to do some chain movement killing things to try and free up an incenerator to charge in and hopefully finish it. One whiff ended that.
Basically, it was just a continuation of my day. I rolling block of bad luck. Nothing serious, no explosions, car trouble, or diaper changes, just little things. I got lime all over my hand, then managed to do a three foot shot of lime juice to my eye, snow fell in my seat, just little things. I told James it was all Karma preparing for the good luck that would rain on me in my game. Nope, just prep for the luck coming. I boosted I don't know how much damage to kill his caster, rolled nothing but sevens. Seven on three dice! Seven on two dice is average, three dice should aim for 10.5. I need to discuss statistics with my dice, they seem to be a little confused.
Any way, the rest of the game went like this: His hell jack killed my caster. Yep, that is it. Nothing else. Another loss, where I finally had the chance for a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment