Saturday, June 20, 2015

Just the 40K

  It has been a couple weeks, but I have not been idle. I have finally gotten some basing on my Night Lords, and I brought them out for a couple games. Two weeks ago I faced Shea's Orks and last week I faced Nabors's brand new Space Marines.

Game one versus Shea was Big Guns. Nice for me, as I have no heavies and he brought two units of Lootas. I have forgotten most of what happened, but that seems fitting as I forgot most of my junk during the game. I skipped the first Psychic phase, part of the second shooting, but by the end I was getting the hang of it. It of course being the actual playing of the game.

I did a fair amount of bouncing in and out of Rhinos, mauling this, mauling that. He did a fair amount of recovering fleeing troops, either through his Waagh or some other such nonsense. In the end I was able to win it by a few points, mostly due to the fact that I killed both his Heavies and stuck Linebreaker.

Last week I once again brought out the Night Lords, this time versus some of the new stuff Space Marines can bring. Like formations of Predators. Limey bastards. However, I did find that wrecking a Pred hurts the formation rather nicely. This one was Kill Points, and it turned out his list had a good amount more KP in it than I suspected from across the table.

I must say that my Spawn are really awesome. I can only imagine what they will do at 1850 when I have the points to run them as Nurgle. While they tied things up I whittled away at units, costing effectiveness, but I wasn't quite able to finish anything off before I had to move onto the next threat. I also tried a new tactic of immobilizing my Rhinos on terrain. I was fairly good at it, but it wasn't as effective at... well... anything as you might think. I also remembered that my Warlord didn't need to be a Daemon Prince, so one of my Chosen squads got Outflank. Entertaining and mildly useful. As I said earlier, I wasn't terribly effective at the mop up this game, but I was able to turn some of that around late game, and in the end I came out with the win.

Two more great games. While not the most OP list, it does seem to be rather effective. I would like to run it versus a couple of the Eldar players and give that a try. I would also like to, someday, take it to a tournament, just to see. I think it could be a sleeper. As Nabors put it, "That is a pretty nasty 1750 list."

No comments:

Post a Comment